CHF International Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party Jobs in Kenya 2012
CHF International’s mission is to be a catalyst for long-lasting positive change in low- and moderate-income communities around the world, helping them to improve their social, economic and environmental conditions.
CHF International is seeking qualified and experienced candidates for the proposed USAID-funded Resilience and Economic Growth in the Arid Lands — Improving Resilience (REGAL-IR) program in Kenya .
This 5-year program focuses on strengthening social, economic and environmental resilience in pastoral and transitioning communities in Kenya’s arid lands.
Program objectives include: increasing livelihood opportunities, advancing livestock value chain, improving NRM, conflict reduction, drought risk reduction, and improving nutrition at the household level.
Chief of Party
Provide strategic vision and leadership for the program in order to achieve program goals and objectives, including managing the program implementation plan, reporting, analyzing budgets, managing offices and staff, and the accomplishment of program objectives.
Manage coordination mechanisms with relevant stakeholders, serve as the key liaison with USAID, HQ, government officials, the private sector, local and international NGOs, implementing partners, and community members.
- Master’s degree in related field of study,
- 5 years COP or DCOP experience managing large
sustainable livelihoods development programs preferably in Horn of Africa;
- 10 years technical experience in: livelihoods development, food security, livestock development, pastoralist livelihoods, natural resource management, and/or conflict resolution, experience with pastoralist communities preferred
Deputy Chief of Party
Manage day-to-day program operations, ensuring compliance and timely, quality deliverables. Supervise programmatic/field teams and ensure delivery of results, provide technical guidance, coordinate with partner organizations.
- Master’s Degree in related field of study,
- 5 years management experience on similar donor funded
- livelihoods development program,
- 7 years technical experience in livelihoods development, food security, livestock value chains, pastoralist livelihoods, NRM, conflict resolution. Prior experience working in Horn of Africa preferred.
For the detailed Position Descriptions, please visit the Vacancies section of the CHF website at www.chfkenya.org or www.chfinternational.org
The deadline for applications is June 1 2012. Applicants are to submit their application letters with detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the position being applied for in the subject heading and in the application letter.
Address applications letters to: CHF Country Director.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CHF is an equal opportunity employer.