International Potato Center (CIP) M&E Specialist Job in Bungoma, Western Kenya 2012
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist to work in an Agriculture – Health – Nutrition nested cohort study research based in Bungoma, Western Kenya.
The Center: CIP is a not-for-profit international agricultural research – for – development organization with a focus on potato, sweet potato, and Andean roots and tubers.
Key duties will include the following:
- Assist in development of data collection protocols and instruments (e.g. questionnaires and interview forms)
- Oversee the development and maintenance of project databases.
- Assist in data management for all components of the project
- Prepare data entry programs using CSPRO and supervise data entry
- Clean data in preparation for analysis
- Conduct preliminary analysis
- Contribute to data collation, report writing, feedback to teams and collaborators
- Assist with preparation of technical reports and peer reviewed journal publications
- A MSc. or MPH in Nutrition, Epidemiology or other relevant combination of disciplines, such as agricultural economics with a strong nutrition minor
- At least one year of working experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Experience with collecting and managing quantitative data including survey design, building databases, data entry and data cleaning
- Good quantitative analysis skills; prior experience working with dietary recall data and longitudinal data preferred
- Ability to analyze quantitative data with software packages such as SAS, or SPSS or STATA.
- Excellent writing skills in the English language
- Knowledge of Kiswahili
Terms of Appointment
This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position based on a 27 months contract. CIP offers an attractive compensation package commensurate with experience.
Applicants should apply by email, sending a cover letter expressing their interest and expectations for the position, curriculum vitae and names and contact details (Telephone, Email) of three professional referees, to
The Regional Operations Leader, email: firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to Fred Grant (email@example.com).
The reference name of the position should be clearly marked on the subject line of the email message.
Screening of applications will begin on 30 May 2012 and will continue until the post is filled
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.