Jacaranda Health Clinical Operations Associate Job in Kenya 2012
Jacaranda Health is a social venture that aims to set a new standard for maternity care in East Africa.
We are combining business and clinical innovations to provide affordable maternity and reproductive health services to low-income urban women.
We are launching our first clinics in Nairobi this year, and plan to expand to other locations in the region.
Jacaranda is seeking a Clinical Operations Associate to join our growing team. This individual will support our Clinical Operations Director in specific projects, as well as in general administrative support.
The Associate will be responsible for gathering external information, developing relationships with external partners, and representing the Clinical Operations Director in select interactions with clinical staff.
We are looking for an intelligent, proactive, and flexible individual with experience in project management.
This person needs to be able to juggle and prioritize multiple responsibilities, handle sensitive situations, and communicate information effectively.
Ideally this person will have some experience in a health care setting, and will understand the unique challenges of operating a health facility.
Clinical Operations Projects
- Develop workplans and approaches to answer key questions pertaining to clinical operations projects
- Conduct research and gather external information to inform decisions around clinical operations
- Establish relationships with external partners and set up and participate in meetings with partners and stakeholders
- Direct visitors and answer general inquiries
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail/correspondence and filling of the same
- Organize and maintain diaries and make appointments
- Manage daily bookings for public/speaking engagements
- Receive all telephone calls and emails in acourteous and professional manner
- Organize and coordinate logistical arrangements pertaining totraveling schedules.
- Act as a vital point of contact for relevant information andinquiries from internal and external customers
- Attend to other administrative duties as assigned
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in project management or a similar function, preferably in a health-related setting
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google products
- Independent, self-starter capable of working well with a team, multi-tasking effectively and managing a variety of responsibilities typical in a start-up environment
- Good judgment and analytical skills
- Able to uphold high ethical and professional standards and the highest level of honesty and confidentiality
- Dependable, responsible, reliable and attentive to detail
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili
- Passion for and commitment to Jacaranda Health’s mission
Interested candidates may apply by:
1. First, complete the online form available by clicking here Jacaranda Health Clinical Operations Associate Application Form or by pasting this link into your web browser: http://goo.gl/yUc0g.
2. After completing the application, please also submit your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applicants that have completed the online form as well as submitted their CV will be considered. No calls please.
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications received, we will be unable to confirm all submissions.
Preference will be given to applications submitted by May 18th, 2012.