Resident Journalism Advisor Job in Kenya 2012
Under the direction of the Project Director based in Nairobi, the RJA is responsible for devising and implementing training workshops and mentoring programs for radio journalists and producers working at local stations in Central Somalia.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Devise a comprehensive training and mentoring program in journalism and radio production skills for community-based recruits in Central Somalia .
- Carry out training-of-trainer workshops for senior journalists and production staff at our partner media organization in Nairobi
- Liaise with partner media organization on training, skills and production objectives.
- Devise a program of media skills and literacy events for local civil society organizations in Somalia and train implementers for these .
- Work with Project Director to develop monitoring and evaluation tools and report on progress of training and mentoring programs
- Experience designing and implementing radio journalism and production training programs, including training of trainers
- Computer literate and familiar with digital radio equipment and software
- Ability to assess trainees skills and devise evaluation processes for sustainable use beyond this assignment
- Mother-tongue standard fluency in written and spoken English.
- Somali language and/or knowledge of Somalia and its culture an advantage
Closing Date: 8th June 2012
Please visit Internews’ website to apply: