Nation Media Group Security Manager and Area Business Partner Jobs in Kenya 2012
It attracts and serves unparalleled audiences in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda.
We are seeking to recruit for the following positions ¡n Security & Circulation departments.
The successful candidate will be expected to undertake key responsibilities of corporate security provision, risk assessment and management, fraud prevention, investigations, supervision of security personnel and the review of security procedures.
Reporting to the Group Security Services Manager, the successful candidate will be based at the Nation Printing plant on Mombasa road and will be specifically responsible for:
- Protection of company assets, safety and security of staff, visitors, clients and contractors on all owned or leased company premises;
- Active protection of company products against theft, tampering, destruction and misuse;
- Coordination of security at all company events in collaboration with relevant departments and external agencies;
- Preparation of daily, weekly and monthly reports for the Group Security Services Manager in respect to the assigned duties.
- A Bachelor’s degree and proven advanced education in security management or related field;
- A minimum of ten years of progressively responsible assignments’ undertaking resulting in growth;
- Exposure to and knowledge of loss prevention, access control systems and procedures, video surveillance, CCTV and related physical security skills;
- Demonstrable strong skills in corporate investigations with outstanding verbal and written communications and strong relations with government and private security agencies;
- A thorough knowledge of good security practices and their contribution to the organisation’s continuing success;
- Proven knowledge of problem solving, fire protection and a broad range of management talents;
- Demonstrated self-confidence with capability of interacting with all staff cadres and maintaining confidentiality;
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Achieving revenue and volume budgets;
- Managing returns;
- Organising and driving the circulation operations through field sales visits to vendors and agents in order to maximize on opportunities for copy sales;
- Ensuring efficient management of the value chain;
- Reviews previous day’s performance with the distributor and sets the day’s print order based on prevailing conditions like news stories, weather and economic situations;
- Resolves various distribution problems on the ground, identifies potential sales outlets and liaises with NCD for correct deliveries;
- Reviews weekly payments with the distributor, collects payment cheques on due dates and ensures the cheques reach the Circulation Accountant;
- Organising client relationship programmes in liaison with territory sales Supervisor with the distributor, agents and vendors;
- Managing and coordinating the Sales and Distribution Assistants.
- University Degree in business administration or sales with at least 2 years’ experience; ‘ Diploma in sales & marketing with strong customer service orientation and interpersonal skills;
- Understanding of the dynamics and complexity of print sales and circulation;
- People management skills.
These positions offer excellent career growth opportunities and competitive remuneration packages. If you meet the above criteria, apply online at
http://careers.nationmedia.com before 3O April, 2012.
Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.