Plan Water, Sanitation & Hygiene Advisor Job in Kenya 2012
Plan is an international humanitarian child centered community development organization, without religious, political or government affiliation.
Plan is committed to protecting and promoting child rights and to improving the lives and futures of poor children, their families and communities through a child-centered community development approach.
Plan is seeking to recruit a Water, Sanitation & Hygiene Advisor.
The successful candidate will be required to provide strategic leadership, advice and support for innovative Water, Sanitation and Hygiene programs and engages with various key duty bearers to contribute towards promotion of improved service delivery to right holders.
The post holder will also be specifically involved in providing technical advice and support to Plan and other organizations on Community-Led Total Sanitation (CLTS)
- Participate and contribute regularly through sharing of best practices and Plan Kenya experiences in the Inter Agency Coordinating Committee (ICC) in general, and in particular, the Sanitation Technical Working Group and Hygiene Technical Working Group, WESCORD (Water and Environmental Sanitation Coordination Working Group and other WASH related networks.
- Participate in the Water Sector Reform Platforms and provide information to PUs on the GOK and bilateral financing opportunities.
- Identify and promote innovative approaches to WASH within Plan and with other key partners.
- Support documentation and sharing of experiences from innovative WASH programs.
- Provide periodic strategic technical advice and support to PUs and ensure quality programming in WASH
- Provide guidance in the design and implementation of WASH baselines, Monitoring and Evaluation activities at Country and PU levels;
- Participate in Plan WASH network platforms at national, regional and global levels;
- Capacity Building for Plan Kenya staff and Partners in WASH areas of need in line with the new CSP
- Provide leadership in the CLTS Unit and be a resource in responding to client needs training, research, M&E and documentation within Kenya and the region.
- Effective follow-up and support of CLTS activities at PU level – with staff and natural leaders
- Preparation of grant concept papers and proposals
- Representation in associated learning and other events
- Support implementation of grant funded projects (i.e. the NLNO grant – Empowering Self- Help of Rural and Peri-Urban Communities and schools; WSI/AusAid ANO – Improving Community WASH in Kilifi, ACP-EU Water Facility – Improving Access to Water and Sanitation in Matungulu and Masinga Districts, etc,.) according to plans and budgets
- Participation in national, regional and international conferences, workshops and other events and networks on WASH
- Participation in agreed research and associated documentation
- Maintain effective networking with the Plan PU Health and WASH focal points, the line Ministry of Water and Irrigation and Ministry of Public Health and Sanitation and key NGOs as well as other stakeholders.
- Masters degree in Environmental Health and Sanitation/Public Health or equivalent;
- A registered engineer with recognized body e.g Institute of Engineering in Kenya;
- Experience in CLTS and participatory approaches to community development;
- 3 to 5 years experience in participatory program design and monitoring & evaluation;
- Experience in rural/community water supply engineering/community water supply and sanitation marketing and technology development is desirable;
- Experience in partnership management and networking.
Accordingly, employment is subject to our child protection standards including appropriate background checks and adherence to our Child Protection Policy.
If you meet the requirements for the above position and would like to be a part of it in our commitment to children, please send a detailed and updated curriculum vitae, current remuneration and contacts of three professional references, including you current/latest line manager to jobs.plankenya@plan–international.org to be received by latest 18th April 2012.
Your email should bear the job title of the position you are applying for as the subject “WASH ADVISOR”.
You are invited to read more about Plan in our website www.plan-international.org.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be contacted.