Nuru International Kenya District Manager Agriculture Program Job in Kenya 2012
Job Title: Agriculture Program – District Manager
Category: Full time, contract
Location: Isebania, Kuria West, Kenya
Nuru International Kenya is a reputable organization with a mission of ending extreme poverty in rural communities of Kenya.
With programs in health, education, microfinance, and water and sanitation, Nuru’s Agriculture Program aims to increase crop yields (maize) in a sustainable and scalable way.
We provide training, agriculture input loans, and extension to thousands of farmers in Kuria.
We are looking to fill the upper management position of Agriculture Program District Manager who will oversee operations of the Kuria West District and report to the Chairman of Nuru International Kenya.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Accomplish the goals of Nuru International Kenya and the agriculture program in a sustainable and scalable way
- Manage field directors, logistics, scaling, office, and coordinate with monitoring and evaluation team
- Coordinate their areas of supervision within the agriculture program
- Work with the support and program areas of Nuru International Kenya
- Develop high level program strategy including, but not limited to: sub-location scaling, pilot crops, innovative practices, leadership development, and staffing
- Ensure the tracking and use of operational and impact metrics from M&E
- Mentor office staff and use them for tracking financial sustainability
- Coordinate the development and implementation of sub-location scaling
- Plan and work with logistics for successful support of the agriculture program
- Routinely conduct strategic planning to ensure that Nuru Agriulture can meet its program goals
- Create and maintain the budget for Nuru Agriculture
- Build and maintain a relationship with Kenya government officials
- Represent Nuru Kenya / Agriculture to the general public and government
- Sets and achieves short- and long- term goals related to the program
- Maintain a presence in the field for at least 10% of the week
- Male or female aged 23 years and above
- Kenyan citizen in possession of the National Identification Card
- Fluent in English (mandatory), Kiswahili (mandatory) and Kikurian (preferred)
- University degree in agriculture, project management, or related area (preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to competently manage 50+ subordinate staff
- Possess intermediate computer skills (Word, Excel, internet, email)
- Ability to operate in both office and field settings
- Demonstrated ability to form working relationships with subordinates and peers
- Skilled in budgeting and planning on tight deadlines
- Ability to use data from monitoring and evaluation to make decisions
- Responsible to manage and track complex budget expenditures
- Long-term commitment to ending extreme poverty in rural areas of Kuria, Kenya
- Compensation: 20,000 to 27,000 ksh per month depending on experience.
Applicants must currently live in Kuria West District, or be willing to relocate for this position.
Do not expect any of the following: relocation pay, monetary support for family relocation, housing or housing allowance, food allowance.
Interested applicants should submit their testimonials including CVs and supported by at least two known references to reach the undersigned on Monday April 9th at 4 PM.
Please complete your application in English, include your phone number, and email it to: NuruAgJob@gmail.com
About Nuru International Kenya
Nuru International Kenya is different from most other NGOs. Our organization has a holistic approach whereby all our programs work together for a common goal of ending extreme poverty in our community in a sustainable and scalable way.
What that means is that we are committed to sustaining our work without the outside contribution of other countries’ funding.
This affects the way we run our organization. We also are committed to scaling our programs, which means we are constantly expanding to serve more and more people.
Read more at: www.nuruinternational.org