Telecommunications Engineer Job in Kenya 2012
Reports to: Technical Manager
Summary: Specialize in the design, installation, inspection, maintenance and repair of any equipment or service related to the field of telecommunications. Understand and solve problems, access the situation and make recommendations or suggestions on how to improve the telecommunications service.
- Use and support all telecommunication equipment the company has taken up as core products
- Identify, assess and find solutions to various technical problems
- Anticipate problems in services and equipment and be ready with solutions even before they occur
- Visit and inspect sites regularly to see if any preventive maintenance or repair is required
- Approve the quality of the equipment and notify the concerned authorities if any change is needed
- Handle emergencies and be equipped to handle disruptions of service
- Design and provide telecommunication solutions
- Carry out site surveys and capture all details pertaining to it
- Handle telecommunications equipments and adhere to workshop rules and regulations
- Prepare technical reports and solution overviews
- Undertake company upgrading courses
- Work in liaison with the Customer Service department and Technical manager.
- Attend company development projects either in a leading or assisting role.
- Any other duties as assigned
- Possess at least a Diploma in Telecommunications or Electronics.
- Professional qualification in CCNA Voice, CCVP or specific training in relevant telecommunication equipments is desirable
- Knowledge of Communications Commission of Kenya (CCK) procedures and apply them accordingly
- Owing to the unique focus the company has on Customer Service, the Engineer is expected to exercise reasonable diligence in every task they perform to ensure quality at all times.
- Embrace company values of Customer focus, Quality of workmanship, Expertise and Team work.
- Ability to solve problems and analyze situations that are critical to the job
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Have excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Commitment to continuous training in order to keep up with changing technology