KEPSA Procurement Officer Job in Kenya 2012
KYEP is a World Bank funded project with an overall objective of increasing employability of youth in Kenya.
The Component, provides training, private sector internships and work experience to youth of 15 – 29 years of age.
KEPSA is seeking to appoint a key staff to manage and implement procurement aspects of this project, initially on a one-year contract, renewable.
Ref No. PO-001/2012
Reporting to the KYEP Project Director at KEPSA, the Procurement Officer will perform the following duties:
Main Function:To supervise, co-ordinate and execute the procurement of goods, works and services under this Component of the KYEP
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing and maintaining an overall approved procurement plan for all goods, works and services to be procured under the Project
- Preparing Bidding and Request for Proposal documents and participate in the evaluation, writing of Technical evaluation reports and contract award process for bids and consultant proposals ;
- Ensuring timely execution of all contracts in accordance with the provisions of contracts awarded, Procurement Plan and the provisions of the Loan Agreement
- Verifying payments due to suppliers and services providers before payment and assist in the preparation of withdrawal applications
- Preparing and submitting quarterly and annual progress reports on procurement under the Project
- Maintaining accurate procurement records, including all actions and documents for review by the World Bank during supervision missions, internal audit, external audit or any other person/agent appointed by the Government, World Bank or KEPSA. Facilitate World Bank’s pre and post-review and all procurement audits.
- Performing any other duties assigned by the Project Director
- A minimum of a first degree in the relevant field. Relevant professional qualifications in procurement will be an added advantage;
- At least eight (5) years experience; experience in public and donor funded projects is desirable
- Demonstrated knowledge of Government and World Bank procurement procedures and other international best practices in procurement is desirable
- Experience in contract management;
- Excellent analytical, report writing, organizational skills and computer literacy
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet tight schedules and deadlines with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication, negotiation skills and a team player
Interested candidates who meet the requirements above are requested to submit their detailed CVs along with a letter motivating their interest in the position to the following address and providing details of current and expected remuneration, and the names and addresses of at least three (3) referees, not later than Friday 16th March 2012.
Please consider your application to be unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date.
The Human Resources and Administration Officer
Kenya Private Sector Alliance
P.O Box 3556 – 00100
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org