Training and Recruitment Manager Vacancy Announcement in Nairobi Kenya 2012
With operations in Kenya and Tanzania, it is well positioned to roll out cutting edge services in the wider East African region alongside various financing, technology and delivery partners.
They are seeking to fill the position of Training and Recruitment Manager who will be charged with the following responsibilities:
- Management support – you will provide professional support and advice on recruitment to line and departmental managers, and advice managers on best practice recruitment and selection.
- Advertising – you will prepare job descriptions and personnel specifications, write job advertisements and decide how and where jobs will be advertised, design application forms and prepare other recruitment material.
- Selection – you will screen application forms, shortlist applicants, devise and implement selection processes, conduct interviews, psychometric tests and personality questionnaires and various group activities.
- Training – you’ll train staff in interviewing techniques, help to relocate staff to new departments and jobs due to restructuring, identify training and development needs in the organization, design and develop training and development programs based on both the organization’s and the individual’s needs.
- Knowledge management – you will update training materials, identify ‘core competencies’ of the workforce and deploy competency mapping in the company.
- Implement training programs – draw up an overall training plan, develop and manage a training budget, conduct training, source for trainers and work with training providers in developing suitable course content and managing the training process.
- Assess return on investment and the effectiveness of training and development programs.
- Evaluating the success of both individual training and the overall programme.
- Managing regular staff appraisals and reviews and making sure staff have opportunities for ongoing development
- Must be a degree holder
- Must have a higher diploma from the Institute of Human Resource Management
- Should have at least 5 years’ experience in a busy firm handling recruitment and training
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to relate to staff at all levels
- The ability to encourage and motivate people
- Organizational skills and the ability to plan ahead and manage your time
- Presentation skills
- Effective negotiating skills
- The ability to write reports, keep records, and work within budgets
- Excellent computer skills.
How to apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please forward a copy of your updated resume, your current salary and benefits package and Recruitment and Training Manager as the subject to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 5th March, 2012.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.