Merlin Kenya NGO Logistics Job vacancy 2012
Programme Area: Kenya Turkana Base
Final Responsible: Project Coordinator
Direct Supervisor: Operations Manager
Staff Directly Supervised: Logistics Assistant/Store-Keeper
Relationships Internally: Logistics staff, Finance, Health staff and PC
Relationships Externally: Transporters, suppliers, UN/NGO’s with approval of PC
* To contribute to Merlin’s overall objective and the implementation of it’s program
* To implement and promote adherence of Merlin logistics systems and procedures
* To organise and manage all logistics processes, including storekeeping and warehousing, transport and vehicle management, inventory and asset management as well as the related administrative procedures, for Merlin operations.
* To support the program department in all logistic manners
* To implement and monitor procurement systems, in accordance with Merlin policies and procedures.
* To comply completely with the Merlin Kenya financial guidelines at all times.
* To process all the SRQ/ SRP’s duly authorized and approved by the relevant departments within the shortest time
* To collect all orders for Nairobi and forward once every 2 weeks to the head office
* To update the base order follow up and inform other departments of status of their orders (both local and from head office)
* To ensure that all invoices are processed by the end of each calendar month
* Focal point in the implementation of Merlin’s visibility
Equipment & Asset management
* Supervise maintenance and repairs of all mentioned equipment and follow up with Nairobi / Suppliers
* To inform both the Operations Manager and the IT –officer of any technical defaults on any of the equipment.
* Facilitate the means for each key-staff to make a back up of his / her data.
* To ensure an updated anti-virus on all working computers
* To continually monitor and assess the security of areas in which Merlin activities and staff movements take place.
* To support the PC in the development of the SOP’s for the program area according to country guidelines
* To implement the security plans, standard operating procedures and communication procedures
* Ensure that all communication equipment is working
* Ensure a regular contact is kept with field teams and HQ according to the Security plan
* To ensure that the emergency stocks are kept to the appropriate level and monitor expiry dates
* To make the security reports according to the instructions of the PC and the Log Co
* Oversee the management of the Merlin fleet including Merlin and rented vehicles, ensuring Logistics Assistant and Drivers adhere to service schedules at all times.
* Regulate the use of vehicles and communications equipment.
* Monitor the movements and security of all the field teams through communicating by radio in accordance with the security guidelines and current security status.
* To make assessments for rehabilitation needs of Merlin and or partner premises
* To prepare and supervise any rehabilitation related activities if needed with the support of a professional engineer
* To oversee the maintenance and upkeep of the office and guesthouse and monitor the use of materials
* To ensure that stock records and inventories for all items and locations in Turkana are kept up to date and regular stock checks are completed.
* Make a physical check / count every month of the stock and running commodities (fuel etc)
* To supervise and support the Logistics Assistant/Store-keeper
* To set objectives and be responsible for their performance
* To conduct appraisals in accordance with Merlin standards for all line managed staff
* To have weekly meetings with the Logistics Assistant in order to optimize performance
* To establish and maintain good contacts with suppliers, government offices, UN agencies and other NGOs with regards to logistical matters.
* To report monthly by the 5th on all logistics activities to the Operations Manager and Logistics Coordinator in accordance with Merlin logistics reporting procedures and templates.
* To assist the Operations Manager with logistics advice during the drawing up of new project proposals.
* To perform any other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager.
How to Apply
All applications should be sent to:
Merlin, Nairobi Office,
P.O Box 3350 – 00200,
OR Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline is 5:00pm on 10th February 2012.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted