Trócaire Somalia Country Programme Job Vacancies in Mandera/Nairobi 2012
Logistics Assistant – (Mandera)
Purpose: Responsible for all aspects of stock, inventory and warehouse management, quality control and supervision of food distribution activities.
The job holder will be expected to order, securely store and efficiently track food supplies both for the School Feeding Programme and Emergency Programme in Gedo region Somalia; prepare and keep proper inventory of food and non food stocks, transport and distribution systems, and present monthly reports on these activities.
This position is based in Mandera, with regular visits within Gedo region Somalia.
- Diploma in Business Administration or Purchasing/Supplies management
- Understanding of logistical principles and general operations management principles.
- At least 2 years experience in similar position preferably with an INGO, at a field office.
- Fluent in English and Somali, able to produce accurate records and reports
- High level of professionalism, reliability, integrity and honesty
- Willingness to travel to Somalia, carry out programme visits and assessments
Purpose: To provide reliable and courteous transportation service of staff and cargo at the Nairobi office.
The job holder shall operate and maintain the office vehicles in proper condition; ensure current and valid insurances are maintained; ensure timely servicing and vehicle inspections, periodic and minor maintenance when necessary to avoid service disruptions.
Proper documentation of the vehicles daily logs, accident and incident reports, service and maintenance reports, insurances will be expected.
The position holder will also assist in packing and dispatching cargo to the airport and be available to run other logistics errands as may be assigned.
- At least two years experience as a driver with an NGO
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Good knowledge on automobile operations with the ability to recognize vehicle maintenance needs
- First Aid skills
- Basic knowledge of day-to-day logistics administrative tasks will be a bonus
If you meet the criteria herein please submit a CV (max 3 pages) and covering letter to the
Regional HR and Admin Manager, Trócaire,
P.O. Box 66300, 00800, Westland’s, Nairobi,
or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 February 2012.
Please include contact number, present salary, and contact details for three referees (including current or most recent supervisor).
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.