Job Title: Water Engineer
Duty Station: Kitui County, Kenya
Period: 4 Months(Feb-May, 2012), possible extension of 1 or 2 months
Association for Aid and Relief, Japan (AAR JAPAN) is a Japanese non-governmental organization (INGO), responding humanitarian needs.
AAR JAPAN is seeking Engineer and Field Officer to engage in implementation of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) project as a drought intervention in Mutomo district, Kitui County.
Job Summary: The position is responsible for all the technical aspects of the WASH project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verify designs and detailed Bill of Quantities (BoQs) for the constructions of the pipeline extension, water kiosks and VIP latrines.
- Work closely with Ministry of Water and Irrigation, Ministry of Public Health and Sanitation and Contractor to ensure designs are in line with policies of the Government of Kenya and other relevant guidelines and standards such as SPHERE standards.
- Supervise the progress of construction site and ensure technical quality and compliance with proper construction standards and requirements.
- Verify and approve construction materials and ensure materials used are in line with BoQs and designs.
- Prepare and submit weekly progress and technical reports to the Programme Coordinator/Country Director.
- Develop the construction schedule and update weekly.
- Verify the completion of the work to be approved by Ministry of Water and Irrigation and Ministry of Public Health and Sanitation.
- Write completion certificates for the works successfully completed by the Contractor.
- Degree/Diploma in Water Engineering or a related field.
- A minimum of three-year-experience in working water projects operated by NGO or International organizations.
- Computer literacy
If you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV with telephone contacts of three professional referees to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th February, 2012.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.