Samaritan’s Purse Sudan Health and Nutrition Program Officer Job in Yida / Unity State, South Sudan
Position Duration: 1 Year with a possibility of renewal
Duty Station: Yida/Unity State, South Sudan
Reports To: Area Program Manager
Following the WFP food security reports about high malnutrition rates in Yida/Unity State, SP intends to implement a Nutrition program in Yida, targeting children below five years, pregnant and lactating women.
The nutrition Program seeks to reduce morbidity and mortality associated with malnutrition in the identified groups through provision of food and health services. We are therefore seeking qualified candidates to fill the following positions based in Yida, Southern Sudan.
- Setting up of Stabilization Center Services in Yida Camp with Program coordinator
- Provision of direct patient care of children in Nutrition program
- Supervision of Nutrition assistants and Nutrition nurses to ensure the highest quality care is provided.
- Carrying out Nutrition on- the-job and classroom trainings for the Nutrition staff
- Advise on health and nutrition teachings for Mothers of children in Nutrition program and greater community
- Ensure follow up of families with regular home visits and sound community relationships
- Assist in SC, OTP and SFP reporting with Program manager.
- Ensure that activities on the work plan are carried out as per schedule and monitoring the project indicators.
- Participate in the annual work plan and budget development process.
- Minimum of nursing degree from an accredited school or program. Nursing experience is mandatory.
- A minimum of 2 year working experience in stabilization centre management, outpatient Nutrition and MCH programming in resource poor settings.
- Ability to teach and impart pertinent information to low level staff cadres.
- Able to lead and encourage teamwork among staff.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Willingness to learn the Sudanese Arabic language.
- Have a good command of English language
- Team player and work in multi cultural setting
- Previous NGO experience is a plus
If you are interested in this position please send your C.V only and an application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: Friday, 10th February 2012
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.