Samaritan’s Purse Finance Officer, Kenya and South Sudan Programs Job in Nairobi
Samaritan’s Purse Finance Officer, Kenya and South Sudan Programs Job in Nairobi 2012
Project # / Name: Nairobi Base
Position End Date: Open
Duty Station: Nairobi
Reports To: Accountant
This position involves updating and maintaining the bank ledger for Kenya and South Sudan Programs, dealing with treasury and assisting in preparation of financial reports on activities funded by donors.
- Ensuring that reports are accurate, timely and measurable and that they comply with donor requirements on the best practice.
- Carrying out regular internal audits to ensure that items in the store are well utilized and accounted for as inventory.
- Assisting the Finance Manager/Accountant in coordinating and maintaining a cash forecasting system to ensure that adequate funds are available to meet the working requirements of the projects.
- Assist in preparation of audit reports on a need basis.
- Training new and continuing staff on SP finances Guidelines at the Nairobi Office and the Field Offices.
- Ensuring that the files for bank transfers, bank reconciliations, and Cheques are up to date
- File tax and other returns and ensuring that all deposits were banked
- Make recommendations on internal controls, accounting systems and general operations of the finance department to increase efficiency
- Assist in preparation of Project Activities Reports (PARs)
- With a generous and serving spirit perform all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritan’s Purse.
- Degree in a business related field. (Bachelor of Commerce- Accounting/Finance Option)
- Professional Accounting course (ACCA/CPA) Minimum Part 2 – added advantage
- Minimum 2 years experience in an INGO
- MS Office Package (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access, MS PowerPoint and the Internet)
- Driving Licence (Driving skills)
- Proficient in English and Kiswahili languages
- A committed Christian who will uphold the values and mission of Samaritan’s Purse
If you are interested in this position please send your C.V only and an application letter to email@example.com
Application deadline: Friday, 10th February 2012
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.