Ipsos-Synovate Job in Kenya 2012
Marketing and Communications Manager, Sub-Saharan Africa
We are an integrated media research & media monitoring, social and market research company providing evidence and insights which inform and advise on a wide range of business and social issues.
Ipsos – Synovate is seeking to recruit a focused, self-driven professional of high integrity to fill the position of Marketing and Communications Manager, Sub-Saharan Africa.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the implementation of a regional Marketing and Communications strategy across the Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) region.
The job holder will be based in Kenya with some travel around Africa.
Key roles and responsibilities:
1. Develop and implement a regional communications strategy in Sub-Sahara Africa
- Advertising strategy – Working closely with the design team, develop and push adverts relevant advertising materials
- Thought leadership – develop ideas content for surveys whose findings will be published at various platforms including conferences, the website and the media.
- PR strategy – To formulate policies and procedures that will guide the company management and executives on issues pertaining public relations
- Plan and direct public relations programs designed to create and maintain a favourable public image for Ipsos-Synovate
- To ensure Ipsos-Synovate gets frequent and accurate coverage on the traditional and new media platforms.
- To ensure that the company develops good relations with the media and to provide advisory services on how to deal with the media.
- Prepare logistics for opinion poll releases including preparing press releases, arranging invites for journalists, preparing and distributing news releases and making statements to the media.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other stakeholders including government officials, the civil society, etc .
- To implement the company’s social media strategy including monitoring social media sites and leveraging these sites to engage the general public.
- Maintaining and updating information on the organisation’s website, facebook and twitter sites
- Ensure all staff in Sub Saharan Africa have access to a range of internal communications, so that they are able to keep up to date with important news, share information and provide feedback (Through various channels such as newsletter, flyers and and/or email.)
- Publishing the company’s monthly newsletters – working closely with the Country MDs’ to identify and compile content for the monthly newsletter.
- To maintain a uniform corporate image and identity across the SSA region including the use of logos and other corporate materials.
- Managing the implementation of activities of the Research Clubs of Kenya (RCK) activities which include career days, research club competitions, etc
- To implement training programmes for RCK target schools
- To identify innovative way to improve RCK programmes and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- A minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
- At least 3 years working in the media (broadcast and print) would be an added advantage
- At least 2 years experience in market research would be an added advantage
- Diverse experience in event planning and management – including protocol, preparing press kits, press briefing and media coverage.
- Experience in public relations
- Excellent speaking skills and a strong ability to write, edit and do research to inform media releases
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to Ipsos-Synovate’s values.
If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please submit your application that should include a cover letter and CV in detailing your experience as it is relevant for the post and including daytime telephone contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for application is 1st February 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.