Jacaranda Health Clinic Jobs in Kenya 2012
Jacaranda Health is a new venture that aims to set a new standard for maternity care in East Africa. We are combining business and clinical innovations to provide affordable maternity and reproductive health services to low-income urban women.
In 2011 we launched mobile clinic services providing antenatal care at community sites around northeastern Nairobi. Today, we are seeking several nurses/midwives to staff our first fixed maternity clinic in Nairobi (just before Ruiru town), as well as in our mobile clinic.
We seek nurses with good experience in maternal and child health and a strong commitment to providing friendly and respectful care to all women.
Along with their clinical duties, the nurses will have the opportunity to work with new technologies and quality improvement techniques, and work with clinicians and advisors at the forefront of maternal health.
It is an excellent opportunity to learn new clinical skills, and to receive mentorship in a clinical setting and CME.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide comprehensive antenatal care, postnatal care, and family planning for mothers and mothers-to-be in Jacaranda’s mobile clinic
- Provide friendly, helpful service, advice, guidance, and education to all patients
- Maintain patient data using our electronic medical records systems
- Provide comprehensive PMTCT services and counseling and referrals for HIV
- Work closely with the Jacaranda Health management team and teammates to identify and implement opportunities to improve clinical quality and clinic operations
- Diagnose, treat and refer as appropriate antenatal, labour and postnatal complications
- Conduct normal deliveries and assess any complications that may require referral
- Advise mothers on issues
The desired candidate should possess the following:
- Certificate in nursing from a recognized institution. A Diploma or Degree in nursing is an added advantage.
- Registered with the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- At least 3 years of clinical experience working with pregnancy and delivery.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and empathy; equally comfortable providing one-on-one counseling and presenting birth-preparedness education to groups.
- A commitment to providing world-class care, and the curiosity and commitment to excellence needed for continuous quality improvement.
- Excellent analytical reasoning skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Computer literacy, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work effectively with a team in a culturally diverse environment.
- A good understanding of community dynamics.Knowledge and familiarity with low-income urban areas of Nairobi will be an added advantage.
- Managing labour and delivery
- Antenatal care
- Postnatal care
- PMTCT (including NASCOP certified training and recent updates)
- Family planning
- Post-abortion care
- Basic life support (BLS)
- Advanced cardiac life support (ACLS)
- Advanced life support in obstetrics (ALSO)
- Neonatal resuscitation
- Cervical cancer screening (VIA/Cryotherapy)
- Nurse anaesthetist
- Counselor (for domestic violence, post-abortion care, or other areas)
Interested candidates may apply by:
1. First,complete the online form available by clicking here Jacaranda Health Nurse Application Form or by pasting this link into your web browser: http://goo.gl/UkOEh.
2. After completing the application, please also submit your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applicant that have completed the online form as well as submitted their CV will be considered. No calls please.
Your application must be received by Sunday, February 5th, 2012.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.