IT Company Regional Sales Manager Job in Kenya 2012
An innovator in high technology, spanning IT & communications systems, digital consumer products, electronic devices, and home appliances, seeks to recruit a Regional Sales Manager to carry out direct marketing activities to grow the company’s IT sales portfolio.
The position holder will be reporting to the Africa Channel Manager and tasked with:
- Maintain and develop a computerized customer and prospect database.
- Plan and carry out direct marketing activities (principally direct mail) to agreed budgets, sales volumes, values, model mix and timescales.
- Develop ideas and create offers for direct mail and marketing to major accounts by main market sectors.
- Respond to and follow up sales enquiries by mail, telephone, and personal visits.
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through planned individual account support, and liaison with internal order-processing staff.
- Monitor and report on activities and provide relevant management information on a weekly basis.
- Carry out market research, competitor and customer surveys.
- Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business and organisational development i.e. service and support issues.
- Attend training and to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- Plan and prioritise personal sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving agreed business aims, including costs and sales – especially managing personal time and productivity.
- Plan and manage personal business portfolio/territory/business according to an agreed market development strategy.
- Manage product/service mix, pricing and margins according to agreed aims.
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods, and relevant internal liaison, to optimise quality of service, business growth, and customer and satisfaction.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a results driven University Graduate with a Sales bias with at least 3 years solid sales experience,1 of which must be at management level.
Proficiency in computer skills, with effective communication skills and a strong negotiator and team player, with proven track record to win others over.
Skills/Qualifications: Meeting Sales Goals, Motivation for Sales, Territory Management, Presentation Skills, Performance Management, Building Relationships, Emphasizing Excellence, Negotiation, Results Driven, Sales Planning, Managing Profitability
If you are qualified and up to the challenge, please send an updated Curriculum Vitae (Ms Word version) to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating the job position (Regional Sales Manager) in the subject.
Include your daytime contact, Current & Expected remuneration as well as your Notice Period in your application cover letter.
Deadline for application is Monday 30th January 2012, 12 noon.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.