Bridge International Academies Training Facilitator Job in Nairobi Kenya (Re-Advertised)
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
About Bridge International Academies
Bridge International Academies is a startup revolutionizing education across Africa with a truly unique business model. The company has launched a large-scale franchise-like network of ultra low-cost for-profit private primary schools across Africa.
Our schools profitably deliver high-quality education for less than $5 per child per month, enabling local school managers to operate their school businesses profitably, while creating a highly successful business at the central level. We now have 60 schools in Kenya, and plan to rapidly scale the company to serve more than 1 million students.
About this position
Bridge International has developed an extremely detailed and rigorous instructional approach to enable a broad group of potential teachers from local slum neighbourhoods to be extremely effective in the classroom. Our teachers come to us with a minimum of secondary school certificates, some with and some without previous teaching experience.
The Training Facilitator is responsible for facilitating and implementing an intensive 7 week training program designed to develop strong future teachers. The Training Facilitator position requires a team player with initiative, problem solving skills and enthusiasm for teaching. Training occurs in a very fast-paced environment and requires a dedicated Training Facilitator. This is a long term position.
There is a very rigorous interview process for communication skills, including reading and presentation skills, clear writing skills, and leadership qualities. We seek a candidate who can add value to our management-level team. We are hiring for a three month contract followed by a permanent contract offer to the right candidate.
- Provide daily training and facilitation, according to detailed guidelines and session scripts created to train new teachers, who will work in challenging settings.
- Follow a highly scripted facilitation approach.
- Must be skilful in managing large groups of people.
- Work within a team to make improvements to presentations.
- Meet with senior trainers to share results and feedback from daily presentations.
- Record individual scores for trainees as they teach sample lessons.
- Create daily and weekly reports for supervisors on training progress.
- Evaluate trainees’ performance using their scores on tests and activities.
- Must have experience facilitating training sessions, preferably for groups of 50 or more participants.
- Strong computer skills, including PowerPoint and Microsoft Word.
- Must demonstrate a high level of professionalism and integrity in speech and behaviour.
- Outgoing, energetic and friendly personality who is able to manage stress well.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Must have excellent organization and time management skills.
- Must be comfortable giving and receiving detailed feedback in order to improve performance.
- Must be highly self-directed and highly motivated to excel
- Experience teaching is an advantage.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Must be willing to travel and work Saturdays.
Deadline for Applications: 1st Feb, 2011
How to Apply
You can apply and view detailed job requisitions on the Careers Page at www.bridgeinternationalacademies.com