CFC Internal Audit Manager (IT) Job in Kenya
CFC Internal Audit Manager (IT) Job in Kenya 2012
Job Title: Internal Audit Manager – IT
Department: Group Internal Audit Services
Key Objective of the Job
The resource will steer improvement in the internal control environment by reviewing and providing guidance to management on control issues.
The resource will serve CfC Life Assurance Ltd, Heritage Insurance Company of Kenya and its subsidiaries in Tanzania, Stanbic Investment Management Services (Kenya and Uganda) and Liberty Life Assurance Ltd (Uganda).
Job summary – list the key tasks in the job
In accordance with the Group Internal Audit Services (GIAS) methodology, perform risk-based information systems audits/ reviews as per the annual audit plan or as directed by the Senior Audit Manager.
Information systems audit knowledge development through development of audit programs.
Assess the risks inherent in the organisations’ information systems and assist management in development of practical action plans for controls improvement.
Independently communicate audit results to management and other stakeholders to obtain commitment to implementation of controls needed to manage risks effectively and remain aligned to the organisation’s strategy.
Monitor timely implementation of agreed controls as directed by the Senior Audit Manager.
Contribute in discussions towards the development of the annual risk-based audit plans specifically highlighting information security risk areas that need attention.
Consulting and attending to line management and executive requirements on projects, process re-engineering projects and other consultation assignments which may be requested.
Academic and professional qualification
- Minimum upper second class honours degree from a recognised university in a technical or business related field
- Professional Certifications (CISA or CISM or CGEIT or CISSP)
- CIA , CPA, ACCA or CA [advantageous]
- Minimum 4 years experience specialising in information systems audit in similar/equivalent position in an internal audit function or reputable audit firm
- Experience gained in financial services is an added advantage
- Working knowledge of internationally recognised IT Best Practice Control Frameworks / Standards
- Ability to apply knowledge to audits conducted on IT governance, IT general controls, application controls and technical information security reviews
- Ability to translate controls breakdown into associated risk
- Must have the ability to work within strict deadlines with minimum supervision
- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Sound knowledge and experience in use of CAATs
- Experience in Windows/Unix/Linux server and database reviews will be an added advantage
- Effective communication and report writing skills
- Good listening and questioning abilities
- Assertive and result oriented
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently
- High levels of integrity
- Good judgement skills and an analytical thinker,
- Logical and abstract reasoning
- Environmental aware.
If you meet the requirements of the above position please send an application together with detailed and updated CV and contacts of three professional references to the following email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 2 February 2012