VSO Jitolee Jobs in Kenya 2012
VSO Jitolee is a member of the VSO International Federation based in Nairobi, with a regional mandate to promote volunteerism and recruit skilled professionals from Kenya and Uganda.
The professionals serve as volunteers in VSO programmes in 40 countries in Africa, Asia, the Pacific and Latin America.
In addition, we contribute to Kenya’s national development through working with local partners in the areas of disability, secure livelihoods and health.
VSO Jitolee is currently looking for committed education professionals with skills and experience in the following areas:
Primary Teachers (ED-01-KE)
- Experience in teaching all areas of primary curriculum for children between the ages of 5 to 15 years.
- Successful and enthusiastic classroom teaching with good experience of active learning, student-centred teaching and continuous assessment at primary level.
- Experience in developing teaching materials.
- Knowledge and experience of current developments ¡n education, particularly in raising standards of achievement and of education.
- Experience in designing and facilitating training courses for primary teachers.
- Ability to work independently to plan activities.
- Strong management background in education.
- Knowledge in training materials development.
- Experience in classroom observation and educational action research.
- Ability to conduct inspections and/or devise systems for school inspections.
- Experience in leading staff in curriculum development.
- Experience in conducting baseline research and training needs analyses, designing, organising and delivering training and coaching for primary teachers.
You have a university degree ¡n Education and more than 5 years work experience ¡n the skill areas above.
You are willing to work in another country for 1 to 2 years, and ready to depart within the next
Your knowledge of working with vulnerable groups is a distinct advantage.
Knowledge of French language will be an asset.
We will support a modest lifestyle, cover your travel expenses as well as provide medical and insurance cover.
In addition, you can count on our support in preparing you for the personal and professional
challenges that lie ahead.
Volunteering with VSO is a life changing experience for individuals who want to make a difference by sharing their skills, and an opportunity for professional and personal growth.
If you meet the above criteria, please log on to: www.vsojitolee.org and apply online or submit your CV via email to : email@example.com
Kindly ensure that you include the skill reference number (e.g.ED-O1-KE) in your application, for the skill area you are applying. We will only respond to shortlisted applicants.
VSO values inclusion and seeks to have a diverse workforce and therefore welcomes applicants from all sections of the community. www.vsojitolee.org