St. Luke’s Mission Hospital Job in Kaloleni coast Kenya 2012
Applicants are invited from suitably qualified persons for the position of Monitoring and Evaluation Manager.
The position holder will report to the Project Director.
Location: St. Luke’s Mission Hospital, Kaloleni, Giryama with frequent travel to Mombasa and Kwale sites.
Report to: Project Director
The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager, under the supervision of the Project Director, will be responsible for:
- The design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation for the Delivering for young mothers.
- The incumbent will provide leadership to the Data officers as well as overall guidance on project monitoring and evaluation with compliance to the EU reporting requirements.
- Preparation of performance monitoring/M&E plan including indicators, data sources, baselines and gaps
- Development and maintenance of database/information system
- Contribute effectively at national and sub-national levels to Health Management Information System strengthening
- Provide support to Sub Recipients and staff of partner on M&E and knowledge management; develop project monitoring and evaluation plans and support the correct implementation and use of routine data collection tools.
- Ensure that data is used to highlight important programmatic gaps and coordinate with program management and others in addressing these gaps.
- Conduct routine monitoring visits to project sites, including the conduct of data verification and validation and data quality assessments (DQAs) using standard checklists.
- Facilitate in the preparation of quarterly data and make presentations at suitable fora.
- Build capacity of data officers in project monitoring and with program staff, use program/project monitoring data to improve existing programs performance.
- Provide technical support in development and implementation of evaluation and operations research.
- Contribute regularly to organizational website and publications
- Represent ARFH and makes presentations at professional meetings, conferences and workshops related to Monitoring and Evaluation including M&E Technical Working Group (TWG) and other relevant technical committees as delegated by the project director
- Degree in Social sciences or masters degree in public health, epidemiology or related field from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of 4-5 years experience of working on donor funded projects as Knowledge M&E officer/manager
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing databases and information system
- Sound understanding and awareness of issues relating to the access and use of information and knowledge
- Ability to relate effectively with development partners, Civil Society Organizations and MoH at national and state levels
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High level of proficiency in computer packages and statistical software such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Epi-info and SPSS
All applications including a current CV, academic and professional testimonials (attachments bearing both your names and job title) telephone numbers and references (one who should be your current/ former supervisor) should be sent to the: firstname.lastname@example.org