AID Village Clinics Jobs in Kenya 2012
You can obtain more details about the charity’s activities by visiting our website – www.aidvillageclinics.org.
AID Village Clinics is searching for dynamic, results-driven individuals to join our team.
We offer competitive salaries and on-site housing is provided while working at the clinic.
We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
1. Procurement Manager
- Manage local procurement and formulate sourcing strategies that take advantage of economies of scale and best purchase practices.
- Work with heads of departments and Chicago office to forecast demand of procurement services and to ascertain that goods are received as ordered and payments processed only for certified confirmations of deliveries or services.
- Ensure deliveries of ordered goods are done on time.
- Monitor inventory requirements, and ensure that stocks are implemented accurately with high level of accountability to ensure no overstocking or stock outs.
- Ensure implementation of the Company’s procurement policies and procedures for effective management of procurement services in the organization.
- Exhibit working understanding of the Kenyan Customs procedures and coordinate import process for goods coming from outside of Kenya.
- Coordinate with the Chicago Office on anticipated inventory outages in a timely manner.
- Coordinate physical counts periodically.
- The position will require spending time in our Nairobi offices as well as at the Mbirikani clinic site.
- Bachelors Degree in business, economics or related discipline.
- Post graduate qualification in Purchasing and Supplies Management and membership in a procurement professional body, i.e. Kenya Institute of Supplies Management or Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies (UK).
- 5 Years in purchasing environment and experience in purchasing hospital supplies will be a plus.
- The candidate should be comfortable dealing with data, with an intermediate understanding of Excel spreadsheets, and should be conversant with computerized procurement and logistics packages.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A person of high integrity and honesty.
- Keen on detail with a high degree of accuracy.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Holder of Diploma or Degree in Nursing from a recognized institution.
- Licensed by the Nursing Council of Kenya and with a valid practicing license as KRCHN.
- At least 5 years experience in a busy hospital environment
- Experience in the care and support of HIV/AIDS patients is desirable.
- Should demonstrate knowledge of disease process and attention to patient welfare.
- Theater experience and/or midwifery will be a plus.
- Should have the ability to make clinical observations or assessments which aid the doctor in patient diagnosis and treatment.
Interested individuals can send applications, with accompanying CV and testimonials to:
The Health Care Administrator,
AID Village Clinics Limited;
P.O. Box 27636 – 00506; Nyayo,
or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 8th February, 2012