Training Technical Advisor and Evaluation & Monitoring Officer Jobs in Kenya
Training Technical Advisor and Evaluation & Monitoring Officer Jobs in Kenya 2012
Our Client seeks applications for the position of Training Technical who will work under the direction of the Chief of Party, providing technical expertise and guidance in assuring the full implementation of the projects Scope of Work.
The TA will provide technical guidance to government Ministries and sub-contractors to ensure that work delivered meets desired set standards and addresses immediate needs of the training sector.
The TA will be responsible for providing technical expertise, as well as sourcing additional technical expertise as needed. She/he will be the technical lead of the proposed project.
This position requires a solid background of hands-on experience in technical documentation, technical design and program management. The position requires strong knowledge of training systems and methods.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the NTM work plan, in collaboration with the Ministries.
- Provide technical leadership in the implementation of the work plan
- Liaise with the government Ministries and other stakeholders in the implementation of activities
- Furnish technical assistance to national counterparts and participate in relevant technical advisory groups with counterparts and partner institutions
- Provide stakeholders with technical guidance in the requirements gathering and development of standards for training
- Work with local institutions in developing technical training courses and curriculum
- Provide technical assistance and skill building to faculty of training institutions, in-service trainers and curriculum developers
- At least a Master’s degree in education or health related field
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar position
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement training initiatives including eLearning and Distance Learning initiatives
- Ability to interact with the Ministry of Health and other stakeholders
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English
- Ability to work independently, and give close attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience in the supervision of staff, including technical experts and support staff
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong computer skills, including high level of proficiency with MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel
Our client is looking to hire a M&E Officer who will lead the overall M&E strategy for the anticipated USAID-funded National Training Mechanism.
The M&E Officer will provide technical assistance to the project in the design and implementation of monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning strategies that help monitor the extent to which the project is meeting its objectives and delivering intended outcomes.
S/He will promote learning and the dissemination or key lessons and findings to all relevant stakeholders including Government of Kenya and USAID
His/her specific responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement project M&E strategy and develop accompanying documents including M&E framework, Indicator manuals, data collection tools among others.
- Provide mentoring and capacity building (skills transfer) partners and MOH
- Serve as M&E technical expert in working groups and other meetings.
- Contribute to overall project workplan and budgeting processes
- Prepare briefs and reports to the project management team on progress of project implementation
- Participate in evaluations
- Coordinate the processes to collect relevant data to measure progress against the Strategic Outcomes and periodic reporting requirements
- Advanced degree in Public Health (MPH) or other related social/health sciences.
- At least 5 years direct experience in designing and implementing M&E activities for Health programs in Kenya, preferably USG-funded
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in developing M&E frameworks for health projects
- Thorough knowledge of Kenya Health sector
- Demonstrated technical skills for designing or evaluating training or education projects desired.
- Proficiency in SPPS, EPI info and STATA
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili
Applicants should email their applications attaching a detailed curriculum vitae and a letter indicating why they are interested in and qualified for the position and the names of three referees who can provide confidential assessment of their capabilities to a Search Committee.
All communications relating to applications for this position should be addressed to:
The Recruitment Team,
Preferred Personnel Africa Limited,
P.O. Box 53385-00200
email address: email@example.com.
Applications should be received by 12th January 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.