Safaricom Senior ERP Developer Job in Kenya 2012
Ref: TECHNICAL _ SERPD _JAN 2012
Reporting to the Senior Manager Enterprise Systems Development; the holder of the position will
- provide 3rd line support for Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) application and bespoke oracle interfaces and software components;
- Work with other departments within the company to identify requirements and develop solutions (database design, workflows, user/data interfaces);
- Configure and/or customize Oracle ERP applications to meet business requirements using various database and software tools;
- Assist in presentations of system functionality to new users and departments;
- Enhance and create user and system documentation as needed.
- Review and provide input on design approach, performance and base functionality.
- Ensure integration of designs across development team.
- Design, build & test ERP components e.g. interface, conversion and report programs.
- Appropriately monitor interfaces to oracle ERP and Provide training and support on oracle ERP modules and development tools.
- Assist in creating/update Oracle TAR’s.
- Design and development of front-end tier(s), middle tier(s), and /or back-end database tier(s) for business applications.
- Capturing of business applications information needs and mapping of the same to the software and /or database components;.
- Performs data modeling to analyze and specify data structures within an application system.
- Support new and existing application development by creating modifications and enhancements for Oracle ERP applications and perform high level system design.
- Conduct business user requirements analysis and specification.
- Specify computer system requirements for the solution of complex business problems and formulates designs for their solutions.
- Perform the necessary technical design and development functionality to ensure that business application systems can be effectively developed and implemented.
- Interact with clients to gather and refine and Ensures the effectiveness of overall systems performance.
- Create test plans, test data sets and perform automated testing to ensure all components of the developed systems meet specifications.
- Work directly with the IT support personnel and teams to resolve issues identified and escalated during daily operations.
- Perform root cause analysis for recurring incidents; formalize test plans and implements troubleshooting procedures.
- Degree in Computer Science or technical related field.
- Certification in Database systems and RDBMS systems.
- Microsoft Certified Solution Developer .
- 3 years experience in Oracle ERP applications development, which includes system customization and report designs.
- 3 years development experience with Microsoft development tools e.g. Java, VB, Fox Pro, Visual FoxPro.
- 3 years development experience with low level programming C++, C.
- 3 years experience with RDMS preferably MS SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, and Informix.
- Experience in data warehousing, business analysis, knowledge in Business Systems modeling and data retrieval.
- 4GL for programming – Visual Basic/Oracle Application builder.
- Unix user skills.
- Experience in processes and procedures management.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read & interpret technical manuals for the Oracle ERP system.
- Attention to detail, analytical Skills and Leadership skills.
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and posses the necessary qualification and experience please send your resume and application letter indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role clearly quoting the job title to the address below.
The deadline for application is Monday 30th January, 2012.
The Senior Manager – Talent Acquisition
Via E-mail to email@example.com