Fafi Integrated Development Association (FaIDA) Constructions Supervisor Job in Kenya 2012
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Prepare drawings, bill of quantities and tender documents for new constructions works and contractual documents.
- Developing design, work and work programs for all construction in host community area
- Interpret, implement and reinforce regulatory requirements related to safety and environmental standards in all construction sites.
- Make detailed periodical(weekly, monthly and quarterly) reports on all construction works
- In collaboration with the logistician, manage the storage of construction materials from compound/store and those in use at the sites after release from stores
- Recommend repairs, supervise maintenance of tools and equipment and determine works procedures at construction sites.
- Supervise casual staff who may from time to time be engaged in the project
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
- Possess at least a Diploma in building and construction.
- At least three years experience in construction at a level of clerk of works with reputable construction firm or organization
- Experience in management, use of equipments, maintenance and safety.
- Thorough knowledge of the occupation hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance of assigned duties
- Ability to communicate with technical specialists and to interpret technical drawings and specification documents.
- Computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, use of internet and e-mail, Knowledge of auto CAD will be an added advantage
- Thorough knowledge of construction materials testing and field approval to specifications.
- Strong interpersonal and a good team player.
- High level of integrity, commitment and professional responsibility.
- Ability to tolerate cultural, educational and religious diversity in the work place.
- Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently with guidelines and clear expectations.
Applications together with a CV, names, contact and e-mail addresses of three persons who know the applicant professionally should be send to the email@example.com not later than 30th January 2012
Note: Only applications sent via email will be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.