Glaxosmithkline Jobs in Kenya
Glaxosmithkline Jobs in Kenya 2012
GSK is one of the world’s leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies.
An exciting career opportunity has risen for a highly motivated and enterprising individual to join the organization as a Compliance Officer East Africa Pharmaceuticals in the pharmaceutical Department reporting to the General Manager.
The successful candidates’ principal purpose is to promote a value-based compliance culture within the business, support the development of an effective and pragmatic compliance culture in East Africa and ensures a sound system of internal controls and legal compliance is in place within the East Africa operating units in line with Corporate and Emerging Market Pharmaceutical requirements
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Managing early and proactive identification of risks affecting the Kenya and East Africa business units’ strategies and activities and regular reviews and update of the East Africa operating units Risk Register
- Ensure proper internal controls are in place and that appropriate standards are in place governing high risk business activities.
- Chairs the East Africa countries Risk Management and Compliance Board.
- Implement training and education programmes which encompass all staff from when they join the company through the normal development and career progression cycle.
- Initiates a communications programme that ensures clear understanding of compliance standards required in conducting high risk activities in the business.
- Supports and advises the operating units on preparations required for internal audits, reviews audit findings with line management and support implementation of recommendations / remedial actions and provide reports on implementation to the General Manager.
- Ensures that confidential internal reporting processes are effective and that reported concerns are correctly and promptly investigated with suitable corrective action.
- Responsible for Back End Monitoring and for ensuring that issues of improvement identified are escalated to the General Manager, departmental heads and the Area Risk and Compliance Head.
- Responsible for the Preparation of timely quarterly Risk Management and Compliance Board reports for Kenya and the Developing Countries Markets and any other risk reporting as may be requested from time to time.
- A member of the Medical Governance committee
- Educated at degree level and a professional qualification e.g. in Finance, Legal, Business Administration, Engineering, Medicine, Pharmacy
- Minimum 5 years experience in a managerial role. Prior experience in compliance though not a pre-requisite, will be an added advantage.
- Strong leadership qualities, ability to harness the commitment & contribution of team members outside of direct span of control.
- Good understanding of business processes and how they integrate at entity level
- Strong analytical skills ,sound judgement with an inate ability to get the root of an issue and propose practical solutions.
- Track record in providing a high degree of reliance, accountability , value-added consultation and support to senior business leaders and other support functions.
- High level of consultation and negotiation skills at senior level.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and trust around sensitive compliance issues.
Interested candidates should apply stating their overall suitability for the position together with a detailed CV that clearly addresses the ability to perform the key responsibilities to: QYZ72406@gsk.com
The application deadline is 4th February 2012
Kindly note that only short listed candidates will be contacted
Glaxosmithkline is an equal opportunity employer