Aga Khan Health Service Jobs in Mombasa kenya 2012
Community Health Department
The Community Health Department ofAga Khan Health Service, Kenya has been operating since 1986 in Kenya and is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network.
The department is looking to fill the following positions for European Union funded, project on maternal and child health, (Mama Na Mtoto-II).
The project’s overall objective is to contribute to the reduction of maternal, neonatal and child mortality and morbidity in the district of Msambweni in Coast province.
All positions are based in Mombasa, but will require frequent travel to the field sites, usually the district of Msambweni.
Position: Project Officer / Nutritionist
Brief Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for coordinating and supervising the implementation of nutrition and system strengthening interventions of the project through targeted populations and partners.
- To conduct nutrition assessments and surveys, identify vulnerable groups and communities and coordinate nutrition promotion intervention through a PD/Hearth model in the target community of Msambweni district.
- To assess training needs of targeted groups ¡n nutrition and system strengthening interventions, develop and conduct training programmes to meet these needs.
- Compile regular timely detailed project reports as part of continuous documentation for public information items and/or publication on the project.
- University degree/diploma ¡n nutrition, relevant to health or social development field.
- At least 3 years working experience, ideally in a health related NGO or community health field.
Brief Responsibilities include:
- Provide technical support in data management; data collection, data entry, data cleaning, processing and analysis.
- Provide and maintain protection of the systems and data by performing frequent data and information backups.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date data; generate reports and responds to inquiries regarding entered data.
- Provide support for all hardware/software problems and provide basic training to end users on both hardware and applicable software and coordinate ICT related staff development activities.
- Higher diploma or a diploma in relevant field from a recognized institution.
- At least 3 years working experience ¡n managing data ¡n a health related institution and knowledge on statistical software packages.
Brief Responsibilities Include:
- Administration and logistics of day to day office and field activities.
- Handling all office correspondence and suppliers / customer enquiries both in person and on phone.
- Assist in the implementation of the organization Quality Management System.
- Supervision of the office maintenance and provision of adequate supplies.
- Assist in asset, stationery and petty cash management.
- Diploma in Business Administration or related field.
- At least 2 years working experience in a similar position.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and a demonstrated ability to prioritize workload.
- Good inter-personal skills to function effectively within and outside the office in a cross-cultural, inter-disciplinary environment.
- Ability to work under close deadlines with multiple tasks, demands with minimal supervision.
- Self motivated, good organization and management skills, ability to work as independent and within a team.
- Experience and willingness to work with government health staff (MoH) at all levels.
Salary will commensurate with qualification and experience.
Interested applicants are requested to submit their applications with CV (including names and contacts of 3 referees) by Wednesday 1st February, 2012 to:
Community Health Department,
Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya,
Aga Khan Doctor’s Plaza, Mombasa,
P 0 Box 8301 3, Mombasa, Kenya
or email it to email@example.com
Kindly note only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.