Travelling involved 70%: Tanzania/Rwanda
Our client is a leading oil distributor in the region with branches spreading through 7 countries in Africa.
Reporting to: Group Chief Finance Officer
Main Purpose of the position:
Incumbent is responsible for Country wide: Business unit(s) Budgeting; Financial analysis and forecasting; Preparation of Consolidated and P&L and allied executive reporting.
The holder shall undertake financial tracking of the Department and work closely with Marketing, Engineering Network and Development, Trading Supplies and Operations and other departments in the execution of the Company’s corporate strategy.
Business Performance Management
- Supervision and Management of the Day today running of the department;
- Driving Business Performance process by periodically identifying and analyzing key performance drivers;
- Ensure timely preparation of financial statements and reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles;
- Oversee the automation of fixed assets register and maintenance of the same;
- Shall actively participate in Budgeting and planning process with a view of identifying overhead savings;
- Review of payment documents;
- Timely local stock, fuel and lubricants listing;
- Manage Letter of Credit (LC) Facility
- Negotiate with the banks for reasonable exchange rates;
- Provide robust financial analysis & support for sales and marketing;
- Develop and embed rigorous Risk and Opportunity analysis and link same to Sales & Operation process;
- Drive the adoption International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) adoption and other best International practices;
- Provide coaching support to commercial teams and functions;
- Manage quality of financial timelines, budgets, and milestones;
- Assess and advise on financial implications of new or existing ventures;
- Actively develop Departmental staff and senior consultants on the projects by supporting individuals in developing project management, industry content, and communications/presentation skills.
- Monitor the financial position in relation to goals and objectives and providing reports and advice to the Management Committee;
- Approve items for payment as per the approved cycle.
- Manage and Control expenditure within Business Units to ensure that all transactions are processed in accordance with law and related Company regulations, policies, and procedures;
- Provide month-end and year-end instructions, schedules, and deadlines to ensure critical departmental deadlines are met;
- Coordinate the preparation of all account reconciliations and detailed working papers to internal and external audit standards;
- Manage and coordinating expenditure control measures within the Business Units.
- Holder is accountable for miscellaneous other responsibilities as line manager may assign and or require
- University Degree in related filed
- Professional Accounting qualification i.e. CPA-K/ ACCA/CPA – T or equivalent
- At least five years experience in management;
- IT proficiency- Computerized accounting system skills e.g., ACCPAC, Quick Books, Pastel etc;
To apply for this position send your CV to email@example.com quoting the position in the subject line and preferred location.
Kindly also mention your current/ last salary and benefits.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted