UNICEF Jobs in Kenya 2012
Job Title: Emegency Specialist – Information Management and Analysis, Kenya
Under the overall guidance of the Chief of Field Operations and Emergency the key responsibilities of the post will be as follows:
Assessment of Data Collection and Information Management systems
1) Assess the information management needs for UNICEF’s humanitarian, recovery and preparedness programmes.
2) Identify gaps and opportunities for information collection and analysis in relation to Disaster Risk Reduction programmes
3) Liaise with local and national authorities and development partners to access existing data and information systems and identify barriers for information collection, collation, analysis, and sharing.
Establishment/strengthening of information/data collection and monitoring systems
4) Develop internal systems for effectively managing information for programme planning and monitoring in humanitarian response and recovery settings, in close association with UNICEF monitoring, evaluation and reporting staff and linking with established Government and sector/cluster systems. This system will include data collection, collation, mapping, analysis and dissemination processes. Ensure standardized data collection and compilation for enhanced analyses and comparability within and between UNICEF sectors and other key partners.
5) Support the development and revision of assessment and monitoring tools using appropriate technology (such as mobile applications)
6) Establish and maintain a Geographic Information System and produce maps on request.
7) Provide support for information collection and data analysis as necessary to emergency sector working groups /clusters that UNICEF supports including WASH, Nutrition, Education and Child Protection
8) Provide training to UNICEF staff and partners on use of information management systems and analysis of data.
Reporting, documentation and communication
9) Compile regular situation updates on humanitarian, recovery and Disaster Risk Reduction Programmes as well as specific analytical reports on programmes as requested. Ongoing documentation of Disaster Risk Reduction programmes will be a focus. Produce target-group tailored information and visual products to complement analysis and reporting.
10) Produce high quality donor reports for UNICEF’s humanitarian donors, including UNICEF’s Humanitarian Thematic Humanitarian report on all humanitarian programmes in 2011.
How to apply:
Applications quoting reference number: KCO/EMERG/2012-001
should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Specialist UNICEF Kenya Country Office Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 31 January 2012