BAT Trainee Technical Operator Job in Kenya 2012
Job Title: Trainee Technical Operator (FT)
Reporting to: Cell Manager
Requisition Number: 1
Response Deadline: 20/1/2012
The incumbent will be responsible for operating a cigarette making/peripheral machine to achieve set target quality parameters and meet market demand at optimum cost and to maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Operating cigarette production machine to achieve the planned production schedules.
- Monitoring product quality continuously and update quality checklists to ensure that products meet the set quality standards.
- Checking machine detectors and guard interlocks to ensure they are in good working condition and ensure the machine is safe to operate as well as produce good quality cigarettes.
- Managing the maintenance of both electronic and paper data for the process.
- Ensuring good standards of housekeeping and safe working conditions to ensure a safe and clean working environment.
- Participating in machine service, light maintenance, scheduled machine maintenance, machine overhaul/relocation/installations and clean the machine to forestall disruption of the machine and improve its performance capability.
- Ensure accurate accounting for time not utilized for positive production by logging in downtime accurately to avail the information required for maintenance planning.
- At least 1 year working experience as a technical operator in a manufacturing environment.
- Computer literacy
- Good communication and Analytical Skills
- Strong technical skills
- Knowledge of Statistical process control
Education: Diploma in Engineering
Equity statement: British American Tobacco is an equal opportunity employer
General: The company reserves the right not to make any appointments as a result of the selection process.
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the role will be offered to the successful candidate
How to apply
Apply online at www.batecacareers.com