BAT Jobs Vacancy kenya 2012
Job Title: Area Head of ations and CSR Manager
Reporting to: Area Head of Corporate & Regulatory Affairs
Requisition Number: 1
Response Deadline: 26/2/2012
The post holder is an integral part of the Region’s Corporate Communications team, develops, supports and implements proactive internal and external communications for the area to a high professional standard.
The post holder also contributes to employee engagement in delivering results in line with ambitious and successful business strategies to employees, external stakeholders and understands the Group’s business, vision, values and views
- Improve internal communication channels by providing effective opportunities for employees to engage ECALT members and reinforce business objectives.
- Communicate a coherent corporate identity to external stakeholders.
- Leverage media contacts to ensure adequate, balanced media coverage is received for corporate events, industry and business stories and corporate social responsibility initiatives in key media outlets in a timely manner.
- Proactively manage the Company’s relationship with the media liaison to ensure effective and timely dissemination of accurate company data to the media.
- Coordinate public relations/ corporate communication for key corporate events, and actively participate in and represent the company at various industry/ corporate events.
- Ensure easy and timely access to relevant business information for employees at their respective levels of responsibility and understanding
- Successfully identify and actively participate in at least one corporate social responsibility initiative/ activity, aligned to the corporate strategy.
- Provide timely pieces on key achievements/ milestones in the Area for dissemination through Global communication channels
- Mobilize internal stakeholders to actively support external corporate social responsibility initiatives
- Demonstrate experience in strategic communications planning, implementation and measurement
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills
- Good communications planning, project management, problem solving and decision making skills
- Able to think and operate strategically, particularly in relation to appropriate messaging
- High quality written and verbal communication skills in fluent English
- Confidence and ability to influence, persuade and coordinate internal stakeholders, including advising senior managers
- Sound judgment, ability to research and fact-check thoroughly and balance the demands of open communication with commercial/regulatory sensitivities
- Experience in media relations and campaigning
- Very good knowledge of contemporary communications good practice, including digital communications and social media
Education: Business degree preferably with communications
British American Tobacco is an equal opportunity employer
The company reserves the right not to make any appointments as a result of the selection process.
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the role will be offered to the successful candidate
How to apply
Apply online at www.batecacareers.com