APHIAplus Nuru Ya Bonde Project 24 Social Workers / Community Mobilizers Jobs in Kenya 2012
APHIAplus Nuru Ya Bonde aims to improve health outcomes and impacts in Rift Valley through sustainable country led programs and partnerships.
Towards achieving this, the project seeks to recruit 24 community based project social workers to work with communities in facilitating their participation and ownership of their health programs.
The social workers will be located within these counties; Kajiado, Narok, Nakuru, Baringo, Laikipia, Trans Nzoia and West Pokot.
To facilitate the functionality and sustainability of Community Units in the project coverage areas.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the functionality and sustainability of 10 Community Units.
- Conduct social mobilisation of community structures and population to effectively participate in their own health programs.
- Provide continuous mentorship to community structures and leadership on health, development and related issues.
- Oversee effective networking and collaboration within and beyond communities for learning and leveraging on health and developments.
- Ensure that community units achieve quality data through community base health management information system tools MoH 513, 514 and referral booklet.
- Facilitate community level data use initiatives i.e. Dialogue Days, Health Action Days and Integrated Health Outreaches.
- Oversee both technical and structural capacity building processes of the community units and key level 1 personnel.
- Provide timely and quality project progress reports as per donor requirements.
- Facilitate capacity building and linkages of community units on viable livelihood support initiatives.
- Acts as link between APHIAplus Nuru Ya Bonde, the health facilities (CHEW) and the community (Community Units).
- The ideal candidate should have at minimum Higher National Diploma in Community Development, Community Health, Social Work or Environmental Health from a recognised Institution.
- Must be ICT proficient.
- Two (2) years of relevant work experience.
- Should have experience and skills in HIV/AIDS programming and implementing various social determinants programmes.
- Hands on experience in implementing MoPHS Community Strategy will be an added advantage.
- Experience in community mobilisation, networking, training and networking.
- The candidate should have good communication skills both oral and written, be a good team player and ability to work under minimum supervision.
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional.
If you would like to join this dynamic team and help bring better health for Africa, please quote the position and reference number (KCO/HR/001/2012) in the email subject matter, send your up-dated CV and an application letter which should include remuneration requirements and contact details of three work-related referees, to the Human Resources Manager, AMREF Kenya by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for submitting applications is January 20, 2012.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
AMREF is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.