AfriCOG Programme Coordinator (MOPA) Job in Kenya 2012
AfriCOG’s governance and anti-corruption reform initiative are aimed at addressing the structural causes of Kenya’s governance crisis by a knowledgeable citizenry.
AfriCOG houses the Movement for Political Accountability (MOPA) Secretariat, which is a citizens’ oriented movement to empower Kenyans to hold their political leadership accountable.
AfriCOG seeks to recruit a motivated energetic professional to coordinate and support MOPA Program
Scope of the position
- Provide overall coordination for the MOPA secretariat.
- Manage partner relations and effectively and efficiently contribute to the management an implementation of programme activities and work plans whilst ensuring compliance with budgetary provisions.
- Provide technical support of research activities as required by the Programmes department
Department: Movement for Political Accountability
Contract Period: Yearly renewable based on performance and availability of funds and subject to 3 months’ probation period
- Direct reporting to the Executive Director
- Working relationship with AfriCOG programme staff, finance and administration, associates and suppliers
- Set up a project management processes and procedures that meet the organization’s requirements and are in compliance with the requirements of funding partners, Incumbent to consult closely with the Executive Director.
- Participate in programme development and take charge of the implementation and reporting activities in respect to MOPA programmes. Ensure that reports meet internal and donor/partner information requirements.
- Manage the MOPA information network and keep all MOPA members on notice and informed on MOPA’s and each other’s’ activities.
- Identify needs for MOPA members and propose appropriate interventions.
- Produce and submit progress reports on substantive MOPA activities to Management Committee and AfriCOG.
- Prepare concept papers, position papers and analytical reports related to MOPA activities
- Write proposals related to MOPA programmatic work; participate in resource mobilization activities including the preparation of project proposals to existent and potential donors. This task is to be executed in close consultation with ED and Finance and Administration Manager
- Participate in AfriCOG research programmes by providing technical support as and when necessary including peer review of report, editing, and quality control.
- Provide professional support as necessary to research consultants, task forces, working groups etc, which are involved in the implementation of AfriCOG research work, activities and work plans.
- Represent AfriCOG in relevant meetings, conferences, seminars etc. as may be determined with your area of work and or as may be determined by ED
- Supervise and instruct Programme Assistants and Interns to MOPA
- Carry out any other duties as may be defined by the Executive Director
- A Master’s degree in social sciences or equivalent from a recognized university
- Good administrative and communication skills
- Strong budget management, monitoring and reporting skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- At least 3 years experience in similar position in an NGO set up
- Exposure to and genuine interest in civil society sector
- Experience in partnership building advocacy and networking
The post is open to Kenyan citizens. AfriCOG is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send the following documents to email@example.com and put MOPA PROGRAMME COORDINATAOR in the subject line:
- Cover Letter indicating your current and expected pay
- Curriculum vitae with three referees
- List of your last three employers with contact details
Deadline for applications: 31 January 2012