UNES Secretary, Assistant Maintenance Officer, Waiter / Waitresses and Cook Jobs in Kenya 2012
Managing Director’s Office
UNES/AD/S/01/12 1 post
Reports to: PA to the Managing Director
- Drafting routine memos
- Filing and maintaining all office records
- Screening of correspondences
- General organization of the office
- Follow-up of routine correspondences
- Ensuring compliance with QMS procedures on management of records and documents on routine matters
- Responding to routine E-mails
- General front office functions
- Other duties assigned by managing Director or PA to MD.
- At least KCSE C or KCE Div. III or an equivalent qualification with a credit in English Language
- Full certification in office secretarial work
- Should have certificates in and be able to use Word Processing, Spreadsheets and Data Base Management packages
- At least three years recent experience as Secretary in a busy office environment
Assistant Maintenance Officer
Reports to: Senior Human Resource and Administrative Officer
- Maintenance of a safe and clean work environment by ensuring full compliance with health and Safety laws, policies and procedures.
- Planning, budgeting and implement cost effective preventative maintenance schedules in line with safety operating procedures and standards.
- Maintenance and repair of buildings, equipment and furniture.
- Coordination of service contracts for all equipment.
- Coordination of plumbing; electrical installation & appliances; grounds cleaning & landscaping; and general office cleaning works.
- Provision of specification for maintenance works and identification of suitable technical personnel.
- Administer the disposal processes relating to movable assets.
- Coordination with external parties such as the local Authorities/ KPLC, Road Contractors etc regarding any of their works or maintenance that can impact on the Company’s services.
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned by the management from time to time.
- Diploma in Building Construction management or related field
- At least 3 years recent experience.
- Good working knowledge of health and safety legislation
- Good understanding of the key technical trades and accepted standards of workmanship.
- Experience in managing a diverse range of job requests with competing deadlines and resources
Waiter / Waitresses
Reports to: food and beverage supervisor
- Receiving customers and escorting them to their tables
- Informing customers on daily specials
- Taking orders from customers on food and beverage
- Presenting menus to customers and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request
- Providing excellent customer service to ensure that the customers enjoy their meals and take action to correct any problem
- Explaining how various menu items are prepared , describing ingredients and cooking methods
- Table setting
- Receiving payment from customers
- Diploma in food and beverage sales from a recognized institution
- Three (3) years work experience as a waiter in a 3 star restaurant or hotel
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Computer literate
UNES : AR/CK/01/12
Reports to Head Cook
- Working with the Head Cook to plan menus, taking into consideration factors such as costs and special event needs
- Preparing and cooking food according to standard recipes and menu given by the chef
- Observing and testing cooked food to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently using the required methods of cooking as per the menu
- Maintaining sanitation, health , and safety standards in work areas
- Verifying that food meets requirements for quality and quantity
- Serving food orders to customers presented by the waiters
- Diploma in food production from a recognized Institution
- Possess culinary experience in a 3-star hotel
- Able to work long hours
- Computer literate
- Cover letter detailing why you want to be considered for the position, as well as current and expected gross salary.
- Detailed CV including at minimum:
- Biographical data including: Full names, current mailing address, current telephone contacts, email address.
- Employment history to date. Ensure that specific start and end dates are included.
- Educational history to date, clearly detailing programme, certificate obtained, and completion date.
- Copies of ALL academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
- Completed Personal Data Form (attached).
- Indicate the Job Reference Number of the Envelope.
Please submit 7 copies of all the required documentation to reach the under signed by mail or hand delivery, no later than 24 January 2012.
No e-mailed applications will be accepted.
All incomplete applications will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.
UNES is an equal opportunity employer.
Head, Human Resources & Administrative Services,
P.O. Box 68241-00200,