Jobs at Telkom Kenya 2012- Senior Legal Advisor
Job Title :Senior Legal Advisor
Company Orange Telkom
Job Type Full-Time
Job Status Sourcing
Salary Range Per Month
Shift 8 AM to 5 PM
Minimum Education University – Undergraduate
Degree Title Faculty in Law degree
No of Jobs 1
Minimum Exerience 3 Year
Job Duration Permanent
Start Publishing 06-01-2012
Stop Publishing 20-01-2012
* Provide legal support to the company related to any aspects coming out of supporting the operational activity assigned enabling compliance to the law, as per company standards and procedures.
* Ensure company representation in front of authorities and other third parties, in designated legal aspects.
Operational (Including Planning):
* Support in negotiation of legal terms and conditions related to complex contracts initiated by departments assigned.
* Legal support and advise regarding conclusion of complex contracts.
* Legal support (identify licences, authorizations, other law requirements to be obtained) for the development of projects with impact at company level (incl transversal)
* Represent the company in Court
* Handle all appropriate litigation work
* Handle any assignments related to matters within the Legal department docket including without limitation assets management, debt collection, insurance matters.
* Liaise with external counsel in representation of the company.
* Represent the company in front of authorities regarding legal aspects:
• Telecom regulator
• Competition Council
• Consumer protection authority
• Any other authority having an impact on company’s activity
* Propose and provide update reports regarding legal environment (incl in contracts concluding) to Legal Coordinator
* Ensure legal support to the assigned departments
* Negotiate with external parties the legal aspects of the contracts
* General administrative and other duties as may be assigned in the legal department from time to time
* Handling conveyancing matters for the Corporation from cradle to grave.
* Handle commercial work for the Company including contracting issues
• Shifts work: No
• Night Shift: No
• Work During Weekend: No
• Work “On-Call”: No
Professional Tools Used:
• Lap Top
Education Background & Experience:
• University degree (Law faculty)
• After graduation legal specialty courses are a plus
• Over 3 years experience in legal practice
• Admission to the Bar as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
• Ability to Deliver Results
• Analytical thinking
• Conflict management
• Cross-functional and collective working
• Developing and coaching others
• Initiative and pro-activity
• Planning and organizing
• Talent Management
• Deep knowledge of laws impacting TKL activity
• Knowledge of procedures regarding Court litigations
• Understanding of a telecom business
• English language – fluent
How to Apply:
Application to : Visit our career pages at www.orange-tkl.co.ke, create an account and upload your CV. An applicant must upload a PDF or Ms Word copy of his / her CV to be considered.
Deadline: 20th January 2012