NGO Jobs in Eldoret Kenya 2012
KickStart International is an award winning non-profit social enterprise with a mission to help millions of people in developing countries escape from poverty and to “kickstart” sustainable economic growth.
KickStart develops simple money-making tools and markets them to poor, entrepreneurial persons who use them to start profitable new businesses, increase their family wealth and boost local economic growth. (www.kickstart.org).
The organization is recruiting for a qualified, enthusiastic Assistant Marketing Officer. This person will be
based in Eldoret, Kenya and will report to the Marketing Officer.
The Assistant Marketing Officer will assist in the planning and execution of sales and marketing activities to increase the sales of the Moneymaker irrigation pumps to more smallholder farmers. This role will be 100% based in Eldoret Kenya.
* Working with the Marketing Officer to implement the planned weekly, monthly and annual activities and events at the ITP. This will include, conducting all the ground work before a major marketing activity.
* Ensuring that the field activities e.g. field days, exhibitions, shows, dealer activations etc are executed to the letter as per the work plan and well expensed.
* Working with the Marketing Officer to stimulate demand for our products by building the organization’s name in its target markets.
* Working with the Marketing Officer to track successes and failures of current activities related to attendance and participation in various trade shows and other marketing events.
* Ensuring that the team is up to date with all the marketing collaterals.
* Working with the Marketing Officer to manage quality control of the brand identity and the marketing campaign in the field through guiding and working closely with the sales team and dealer network across the territory.
* Enumerating at field days by asking customer satisfaction questions and evaluating marketing outreach effectiveness
Skills and competencies
* Ability to organize shows, exhibitions, product launches and field days to show case our products.
* Ability to communicate effectively both in written format and oral presentation.
* Excellent interpersonal skills – a complete team player
* The ability to work under pressure, multi-task, establishes priorities, and delivers on-time.
* Meticulous, creative and pays attention to detail and accuracy
* Results/Performance Orientation – proven “self-starter”
* Ability to work in a dynamic and unstructured environment
* Computer literate. Comfortable with technology and the use of standard office programs and networks.
* Customer / client service oriented
* Adequate knowledge of the Kenya small-scale agricultural sector.
Academic qualifications and other competencies
* Should have a Higher Diploma in Sales and Marketing, those with a Bachelors degree will have an added advantage.
* Result-oriented individuals with a proven sales track record
* Have good customer care and communication skills
* A valid driving license for motor vehicle and/or motorcycle with over 2 years driving, accident free and no endorsement
* Have 2 years sales experience in a busy environment
* Be computer literate
* Willingness to work in any region in Kenya.
* Some basic understanding of Market intelligence and research
* Working knowledge and strong sales analysis capabilities
* Self motivated and team leader
* Strong computer skills – MS Office and MS Outlook
* Strong communication skills – written and verbal
* Capacity to analyze customer needs and offers solutions
* Willingness and flexible to travel and work all over Kenya and among the poor communities
How to apply
If you believe you have what it takes to handle this challenging position, kindly email your one page Application letter together with your detailed CV, clearly indicating the position applied for in the subject line of your email to email@example.com by 17th January, 2012.