Through successful exploration and consistent delivery of major projects, the company has become Africa’s leading independent Oil Company.
The position holder will be reporting to the HR Business Partner -Cape Town. Operational interaction with Senior HR Adviser Cape Town; interacts internally with all Kenya staff &Global HR team, External Suppliers, recruiters, benefit suppliers.
Key responsibilities will be:
* Ensure efficient processing of HR operation
* Co-ordinate recruitment and selection processes
* Co-ordinate and plan training and development
* Ensure compliance with legislation and company policy and procedures
* Administering, monitoring and evaluating the provision of service benefits and act as first line of support to all employees
* Managing the staff mobility process for internal, external and intra-office staff transfers
* Provide guidance and coaching to Kenya staff in employee relations, reward, recruitment, training etc
* Co-ordinate key HR activities (for example salary surveys, performance bonuses, share options, etc.)
* Produce MIS data and liaise with external suppliers where appropriate
* Monitor employment law changes, provide guidance to line managers on employee relations issues and assist in reviewing and drafting employee documentation
* Reviewing and drafting employee documentation, e.g. handbook, policies
* Contribute to the development of the intranet as an HR tool
The Ideal Candidate should have;
* HR-related degree/diploma with at least 5 years’ experience
* Good knowledge of employment law.
* Strong personal customer service orientation and experience of working in a customer-focused HR function.
* Numerate, with excellent IT/analytical skills. Ideally with experience of managing HR databases and producing user-friendly HR information for line managers.
* Good written communication skills, ideally with experience of having written policies, handbooks, etc.
* Willing to do all aspects of HR work, from producing spreadsheets to influencing key decisions, and with the ability to continually come up with new ideas for how things can be done more effectively.
The Ideal Candidates Skills and Business Behaviour should be and portray:
* Assertive self-starter
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Pragmatic, fit for purpose approach.
* Practical approach, not afraid to challenge and address issues
* Ability to think and act quickly and recognise the importance of getting out and about in the business – talking to managers and employees about what they expect and meeting their needs accordingly.
If you are qualified and up to the challenge, please send an updated Curriculum Vitae (Ms Word version) to email@example.com stating the job position (HR Advisor) in the subject.
Include your daytime contact, Current & Expected remuneration as well as your Notice Period in your application cover letter.
Deadline for application is Monday 9th January 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.