APDK Mechanical Engineer (On a Short Term Contract) and Accounts Clerk Jobs in Kenya 2012
The Association for the Physically Disabled of Kenya (APDK) is a local NGO providing comprehensive services aimed at empowering persons with disabilities.
APDK now seeks the services of a qualified mechanical engineer on a short term contract of not more than six months.
The qualified candidate will be engaged to streamline appliance production including:
- Study APDK’s existing production processes and material input quality and advice on the most efficient methods of enhancing the same for optimal utilization of resources, enhanced quality and maximum investment returns.
- Lead APDK production team on best practices with respect to production and other workshop operations to the highest standards possible with a keen eye on delivery of high quality products at minimal cost.
- Instill production culture change with a view to enhancing operational excellence, customer satisfaction and delivery of sustained high quality products while embracing accountability and responsibility to the work environment and to the customer.
- Introduce basic continuous production methodologies into APDK production processes.
- Introduce at least basic quality control systems including but not limited to NDT, Physical inspection and tests among others, as part and parcel of APDK production processes, and quality control.
- Identify and introduce efficient and cost effective production processes for optimal quality and industrial serial production.
- Minimize waste in terms of material and labor and introduce fully a piece rate pay and a batch production method that minimizes labor and ensures high productivity to reduce production time per unit.
- Ensure efficient documented production processes, high quality standards and sustained excellent customer service.
- Knowledge and experience in Gemba Kaizen will be an added advantage.
- A degree in industrial engineering, mechanical engineering or industrial economics from a recognized institution.
- Over 8 years experience in industrial production especially on the shop floor.
- Competency in AUTOCAD and/or other internationally recognized computer aided drafting methods would be an added advantage
The Association for the Physically Disabled of Kenya (APDK) a well established Kenyan NGO seeks an Accounts clerk to work under the Accountants in the running of its 2 major programmes, one based in Nairobi and the other is for our Upcountry Branches.
The holder of the position should have the following qualifications:-
- Minimum KATC final or CPA part 1
- Have 1 years experience in an accounting office
- Have the knowledge of Excel
- Have working experience of SAGE (Accounting package)
- Be a team player
- Must be honest and of high integrity
Qualified persons with physical challenges are encouraged to apply
Applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their detailed CV and certificates with three (3) referees one of which must be the immediate former employer and current salary details before Monday 16th January 2012: to the below address.
The National Director
P.O. Box 46747, 00100,