Jobs at GE Energy in Kenya 2012
Job Title: Organization & Talent Development Manager-GE Africa
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Job Number: 1419902
Business GE Global Growth & Operations
Business Segment: Global Growth & Operations – Africa
We are GE. We’re a global infrastructure and finance company taking on the world’s toughest challenges. And we are taking the strengths that have made us an industry leader and putting them to work in service of a new era of global business, with a focus on the world and the people we share it with. Through initiatives like ecomagination and healthymagination, we are developing the next generation of products and services to improve the way we use resources, impact our communities and care for each other. Join GE and you’ll discover a career opportunity of incredible diversity – across disciplines and around the globe. No other company invests in the development, training and advancement of its employees the way we do, because we believe it is our innovative thinking that is our strength, and that strength is what enables GE to make a positive impact on tomorrow, today. From jet engines to power generation, financial services to water processing, and medical imaging to turning imaginative ideas into leading products and services. GE is imagination at work
Posted Position Title: Organization & Talent Development Manager-GE Africa
Career Level: Experienced
Function Human Resources
Function Segment: Organization and Staffing
Postal Code: 00100
Relocation Assistance No
As a key member of the GE Africa’s HR team and reporting into the Senior Executive – Human Resources, GE Africa and the Executive Development Leader, GG&O, this critical role will be responsible for managing GE Africa’s organization & talent development function. The successful candidate will provide strategy leadership and expertise for the full scope of organizational development/effectiveness, human capital development and leadership development for the entire region.
Essential Responsibilities With a focus on localization, responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Applying Strategic Human Resources (HR) management and execution of Organization & Staffing processes such as talent assessment, strategic staffing, pipeline development, and organizational development activities for GE Africa
• Leading annual HR review process (Session C) including succession planning, timeline setting, manager training, senior staff reviews, Session C plan development, system ownership and auditing.
• Managing the annual performance review and Goal and Objectives setting processes which includes working with the HR teams to develop timelines and communication plans, employee / manager training development and delivery, process reporting and ensuring that all employees and managers complete their performance reviews in a timely manner.
• Acting as a liaison to and maintaining strong working relationships with the GE O&S channels, including participation in meetings and calls and responding to all data requests.
• Providing leadership on all staffing processes across the organization including pipeline development, recruitment strategy, reporting, compliance, related training, vendor management, internship and early / mid-career pipelines, programs, and on-boarding processes.
• Providing the organization structure and design expertise ensuring consistency and synergy.
• Providing guidance for use of key HR eTools and leadership and coaching of team members.
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college.
• Ability to work unrestricted in Kenya.
• Minimum 10 additional years of Human Resources or HR Generalist experience, ideally HR leadership in a multinational environment, including salary / bonus planning, employee relations, staffing, performance management, and leadership development
• Demonstrated success in development & application of up-to-date practice in employee relations, HR policy & formulation, recruitment & staffing and training & development.
• Strong written & oral communication skills with the ability to influence all levels of the organization and multicultural/international environments.
• Credible track record of delivering impactful results/solutions in a complex, fast paced work environment
• Demonstrated leadership and ability to work in a matrix team environment.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and initiate, lead and manage change.
• Project management, facilitation and complex problem-solving skills.
• High energy level, driven with positive enthusiasm & a pragmatic approach.
• Fluency in English (oral and written)
• Willingness and ability to travel 40% of the time.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or Human Resources is preferred.
• Prior experience in managing, coaching, and developing people.
• Prior experience in strategic planning is preferred.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong customer mind-set.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
How to Apply:
Deadline: 5th January 2012