Monitoring and Evaluation Jobs at Amref in Kenya REF. NO.:- KCO/HR/082/2011
Stationed in Nairobi with occasional travel to project sites.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor will have the primary responsibility for the design, planning, and supervision of the implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities that measure the overall performance of the project against set objectives.
- Advise on policy design and analysis.
- Advise and assist in the establishment of a multifaceted monitoring and evaluation system in consultation with all key actors and stakeholders, looking at all key elements of the system.
- Contribute to the preparation and dissemination of analytical reports.
- Advise and co-ordinate relevant training for all stakeholders in M&E skills including participatory aspects.
- Generate and implement annual performance monitoring plans, liaise with USAID Strategic Information Team and with MOH counterparts in order to design interventions that support strengthening of monitoring capabilities in the health system.
- Designing and then commissioning consultants to conduct surveys and special studies.
Support project implementation team to document and disseminate lessons learnt and best practices.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum of Masters degree in Statistics, Economics, Social Sciences or its equivalent.
- Significant experience in developing and utilizing monitoring and evaluation systems for large scale health sector related integrated health programs, preferably USAID funded.
- Experience in overseeing the development of data management systems
- Demonstrated understanding of the Kenyan health system at the national, regional and district levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to translate and communicate research findings to policy makers, program managers, donors and other stakeholders.
Strong leadership and management skills.
How to Apply;
These are challenging opportunities for dedicated and highly motivated professionals. If you would like to join this dynamic team and help bring better health for Africa, please quote the position and reference number in the email subject matter, send your up-dated CV and an application letter which should include remuneration requirements and contact details of three work-related referees, to the Human Resources Manager, AMREF in Kenya by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for submitting applications is 07th January 2012. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.