We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the VAS Technical Department within the
Technical/IT Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets
the criteria indicated below:
SENIOR VOICE SERVICES PLANNING ENGINEER
REF: TECHNICAL/IT _SVSPE_DECEMBER_2011
Reporting to the Senior VAS Planning Manager; the holder of the position will be responsible for
evaluation of new and existing hardware, planning & design for new solutions, implementation and
integration of new hardware/software, project management, optimization of existing systems and internal process improvement.
• Create key performance indicators for new products/services;
• Play a lead role in marketing proposals, product & services vendor evaluation process; weighted
evaluation for new hardware, features and services;
• Design messaging network, improve & update network diagram when new elements are added;
analyze VAS systems network against KPI;
• Minimize network and service impact for any change and schedule all the planned work;
• Plan for software and/or hardware upgrades to cater for network growth ;
• Create and update handover system configuration documentation after software/hardware
• Configure data for new systems with vendor engineer and create/adopt necessary work
instruction for existing systems;
• Perform S.W.O.T Analysis of projects and play a lead role in internal training and transference of
skills and knowledge to Engineers and Technicians;
• Provide recommendation reports to Identify opportunities for improvement and optimization of
existing services and create a tool/find out method to get statistical data from the system;
• Liaise with O&M to implement recommendations to improve system performance and success
• Analyze the effect of a new/improvement change before & after project implementation;
• Development and management of Project Plans, activities and project staff;
• Build internal and external relationships with key customers and suppliers to deliver continuous
quality solutions to business.
• Degree in either Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering or IT (Computing) – Operating
systems, databases, system development, LAN design and configuration, TCP/IP;
• 3-4 years experience in telecommunication environment with VAS (voice and data) equipments 1
year experience as lead engineer on telecommunications related projects;
• Experience of GSM Intelligent Networks will be an added advantage.
• Experience with NGN networks for voice will be an added advantage.
• Experience with 3GPP protocols is essential.
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and posses the necessary qualification and experience please
send your resume and application letter indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable
candidate for the role clearly quoting the job title to the address below. The deadline for application is
Wednesday, 21st December, 2011.
The Senior Manager – Talent Acquisition
Via email to: email@example.com