Medical Nurses (Registered or BSN) Jobs kenya
Our client, a Health Medical Organization with operations in Nairobi and Mombasa is looking to recruit Registered Nurses.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records.
- Monitor, record and report symptoms and changes in patients’ conditions.
- Record patients’ medical information and vital signs.
- Modify patient treatment plans as indicated by patients’ responses and conditions.
- Consult and coordinate with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
- Order, interpret, and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient’s condition.
- Monitor all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity.
- Direct and supervise less skilled nursing/health care personnel, or supervise a particular unit on one shift.
- Prepare patients for, and assist with, examinations and treatments.
- Assess the needs of individuals, families and/or communities, including assessment of individuals’ home and/or work environments to identify potential health or safety problems.
- Instruct individuals, families and other groups on topics such as health education, disease prevention and childbirth, and develop health improvement programs.
- Prepare rooms, sterile instruments, equipment and supplies, and ensure that stock of supplies is maintained.
- Inform physician of patient’s condition during anesthesia.
- Deliver infants and provide prenatal and postpartum care and treatment under obstetrician’s supervision.
- Administer local, inhalation, intravenous, and other anesthetics.
- Provide health care, first aid, immunizations and assistance in convalescence and rehabilitation in locations such as schools, hospitals, and industry.
- Perform physical examinations, make tentative diagnoses, and treat patients en route to hospitals.
- Conduct specified laboratory tests.
- Prescribe or recommend drugs, medical devices or other forms of treatment, such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures.
- Direct and coordinate infection control programs, advising and consulting with specified personnel about necessary precautions.
- Refer patients to specialized health resources or community agencies furnishing assistance.
- Diploma in Nursing/ community health nursing/BSN
- Must Be a Registered Nurse
- Minimum 2 years post registration experience
If you have the above minimum qualifications and are interested in exploring your career growth in a vibrant environment, send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com latest 30th December 2011.
Applicants should ensure that the subject of the mail is Registered Nurse.