Kenya Airports Authority Corporation Secretary / Legal Officer Job Vacancy
- Develop legal framework to guide the organization achieve its Strategic objectives.
- Provides leadership to the Legal department team
- Provide legal advice to management to ensure that the Authority’s statutory and regulatory obligations are met.
- Negotiates and reviews contracts, agreements, and leases, concessions in consultation with other departments to ensure that the organizations interests are protected and obligations met.
- Provides legal advice on matters relating to claims & litigation management.
- Plans the Board time table , prepares agenda and records the minutes of the Board meetings.
- Provides company secretarial services including statutory filing and compliance of government circulars, returns and coordinates responses to government
- Follows up with management on decisions of the Board to ensure they are implemented
- Ensures KAA complies with the regulatory environment affecting its operations by liaising with the Government and regulatory bodies -International organizations like ACI , ICAO
- Ensures ownership rights of all KAA Assets and land titles for all AuthoriWs properties are obtained, registered and kept in safe custody
- Ensures statutory and regulatory compliance by third parties within and around the airport on safety requirements
- Initiates, promotes , prepares and recommends suitable statutory and regulatory provisions to government / other government bodies / other International regulatory bodies
- Reviews all the organization policies to ensure compliance with statutory obligations
- Carries out legal audit on operations of the Authority including due diligence on business affairs of the Authority in order to recommend on improvement, feedback and compliance
- Ensures the effective implementation and maintenance of KAA Quality Management System
- Ensures safe custody and timely release and recall of contract performance bonds and guarantees
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time by the Board and management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law
- Membership to LSK and ICPS(K)
- An Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
- Minimum of ten (10 ) years experience handling legal matters
- Computer literacy
- Masters Degree from a recognized University is an added advantage
Applicants are expected to be of “High Integrity and no criminal record’
How to apply
Interested candidates are required to submit an application letter, curriculum vitae and copies of certificates and other testimonials on or before 9th December 2011 to the address below quoting reference on the envelop HRD/CS/NOV-DEC/2011.
Please note that canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Managing Director
Kenya Airports Authority
P.O. Box 19001-00501