* Manage project Procurement of goods & services for the Projects.
* Keep an updated database on all purchases.
* Maintain procurement and inventory records as required.
* Conduct market surveys to gather & compare information on materials and applicable pricing.
* Maintain an updated database of prospective suppliers and regularly update respective price lists.
* Monitor & appraise Supplier and vendor reliability.
* Enter new Items into the main property data base and Keep an updated inventory of all VSF-G Assets.
* Tracking all goods throughout the supply chain from procurement to respective project Locations.
* Initiate requests for quotations and proposals including preparing Tender documents in liaison with the Program Managers.
* Analyze proposed pricing from potential suppliers and complete cost and price analysis.
* Raise and Issue Local Purchase Orders after ensuring relevant authorization.
Qualifications, Experience, Attributes & Skills required.
* College Diploma (Administration or Supply Chain diploma preferable).
* Excellent ability to manage account processing, with proven ability to function in a detail-oriented environment.
* Proficiency in Computer skills (MS Office) and familiar with the issue of databases.
* Experience with ERP or procurement/supply chain management software a plus.
* Ability to work effectively both independently and as a team member. Excellent organizational and communication skills.
* Strong written and verbal English language skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills. A minimum of 3 years experience in humanitarian work logistics/operations
* Knowledge of NGO operations – an added advantage.
* Knowledge of humanitarian security issues in the region.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an application letter and CV to:
postal address :
Piedmont Plaza, Off Ngong’ Road, 2nd Floor,
P.O Box 25653, 00603
or to email: firstname.lastname@example.org Indicate on the subject the Job Title applicable.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Closing date for receiving applications is 13th December 2011, on or before 16.00hrs.