Internship Opportunity in an NGO 2012
Applications are invited for the position of:
Grants Intern, Lodwar
Reporting to the Grants Coordinator, the grants intern will be part of the Program/Grants management team led by the Deputy Director of Programs.
The Grants intern will be based in Lodwar.
- Contributing to efficient grants management including proposal development, reporting and grants monitoring roles.
- Identify and work for a specific ‘Special Project’ bringing his/her core skills and motivation to the same.
- Development of concept notes, donor proposals
- Preparation of donor reports, internal IRC reports
- Perform grants management functions including, updating the Grant Tracking Sheet and the T1s
- Maintaining updated information in electronic and hard copy files, this will include agreements, proposals, reports and other relevant communication regarding the grant.
- Share information with field teams
- Review program monthly reports
- Maintain updated information related to IRC Kenya and its programs to be shared with donors, Government and IRC head quarters as necessary
- Travel to field sites, participate in activities as necessary
- Organize and coordinate events-World HIV/Aids Day, Refugee Day, Peace Day etc. commemorated by the organization.
- University Degree.
- Computer Skills- Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet.
- Ability and willingness to learn and work with teams based in Nairobi and field sites.
IRC is an equal opportunity employer