The main focus of the Construction Administrator (“CA”) will be to assist in the construction administration of Mandharini, a large resort in Kilifi Kenya. Mandharini will be built by a Contractor. The CA will work with the Construction Manager (“CM”) to help oversee the construction process and handle all administrative work regarding the construction process.
The CA will initially be based in Nairobi for the first 2–3 months and thereafter in Kilifi for about 18 months during the construction of phase 1 of the project (with a possibility for extension) and will report to the Construction Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviewing and organizing approved drawings for the construction project in liaison with the Legal Officer, Construction Manager and the Directors
- Coordinating BoQ reviews
- Measuring and administering rates and quantities
- Responsible for issuing drawings to various consulting teams on site and ensuring that all consultants teams are working from only the most current approved drawings
- Providing weekly reports to the Head office
- Assisting the CM in overseeing the construction project in all its aspects
- Assisting in completing and updating all project documents when needed
- Developing of effective communication mechanisms to ensure efficient information flows amongst the various participants
- Bachelors’ minimum in engineering or a construction related degree
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working for a contractor as a project based Quantity Surveyor in large scale construction projects
- Strong in reading and understand construction drawings
- Experience with drafting / analysing BoQs
- Practical construction knowledge
- Good Administrator both on site and in the office
- Contract administration and knowledge of legal issues regarding the construction contract desirable
- Excellent skills in MS Office and ArchiCAD or AutoCAD knowledge desirable
- Accurate and Detail oriented
- Persistent and able to handle pressure
- Good communication and inter-personal skills required to work with the consultants team and Construction Manager
- Analytical and Practical personality
- Strong in planning
- Willingness to live in Kilifi and travel as requested
Please forward a copy of your updated resume, and your current salary and benefits package to email@example.com before close of business 9th December 2011.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.